Info Frank Smith Scam Alert!! Whats your thoughts? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
ilovemylizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Could run a contest, see who can collect the most physical checks from a scammer before they give up. How many excuses can you give for not receiving the check?
It didn't arrive, the dog ate it, the snake pooped on it, my wife/husband took it when they left with their lover for Canada, I thought it looked suspicious so I set it on fire, ninja stole it, the mail lost it, the black heliocopters showed up and appropriated it....

Hmm.. I seem to have too much time on my hands today.

LOL...that's hilarious!

But more seriously, getting them to send more checks might be the only way we can get any type of justice against these crooks...

....Because I don't imagine it's cheap to buy the fancy paper or color ink to print them, or cheap to mail it overseas to the US...

He he, I wonder if they would be willing to overnight the check, LOL...that would cost them a bit I imagine

They want to burn us for our cash, I say we get them for as much paper and postage as possible while they're at it

Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
chongorojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemylizard View Post
LOL...that's hilarious!

But more seriously, getting them to send more checks might be the only way we can get any type of justice against these crooks...

....Because I don't imagine it's cheap to buy the fancy paper or color ink to print them, or cheap to mail it overseas to the US...

He he, I wonder if they would be willing to overnight the check, LOL...that would cost them a bit I imagine

They want to burn us for our cash, I say we get them for as much paper and postage as possible while they're at it

Spend enough time to make him salavate over how many free animals and cash he's gonna get and then drop him like a hot frying pan! lol.. dumb scammers

Old 08-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
c.russell
its a scam BIG TIME

Old 08-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
now I might just have to go set up a PO box somewhere

Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
chamgirl99471
Actually... I received a check once Overnight before and it was using someone's fed ex account to do so... I contacted the police, the woman whose account they were using and the bank that was printed on the check and they all verified that the FBI was onto these people and trying to figure out where this scam is originating from. I would go ahead and get the check then do all these things... especially get the info on who's account they use to send it to you so they can go and change their info.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #16
LauraB
Dear Frank Smith,

I will like you to send me only the exact amount of moneys I have stated in the for sale ad which you have interest.
I'm currently not in town, either, but once I recieve that exact sum I will take it to my bank for clearance. Once it clear I will deliver to your local pick-up agent the snakes. Now I want you to email me back the following information such as:

Your Full Name:
Your local pick-up agent name:
Your full Contact address:
You full local pick-up agent Contact address:
Your City:
Your local pick-up agent City:
Your State:
You local pick-up agent State:
Your Zipcode:
your local pick-up agent State:
Your Cell/home phone number : Your local pick-up agent Cell/home phone number:

PS ... I am so happy you have made correspondence with me. I visited the commercial department of your country embassy for Enquires and they furnished me with a list of reliable businessmen and women among which your name strikes to me as my best partner, in respect to the my issue below.

I am currently on self excile due to persistent war in my homeland. One thing I can promise you is that if we cooperate together and work with one mind, we would definitely achieve success at the end of the day.
I am very honest with you as regards this transaction I about about to offer and I appeal to you to do the same on your part and take everything seriously because it involves my entire family.
Due to security reasons and for the fact that my last project emanated from Bonglia, I cannot transfer all my moneys directly from my Bonglian bank account to my new US bank account.
I have the sum of Sixty Million USD ($60,000,000.00) specially preserved and well packed in trunk boxes of which only I know about.
It is packed in such a way to forestall just anybody having access to it. It is this sum that I seek your assistance to get out of Bonglia as soon as possible before the present civilian government finds out about it and confiscate it just like they have done to all my assets. I have resolved to give you a negotiable 25% of the total fund.

Be rest assured that there is no risk involved since I have taken care of everything. I want you to immediately inform me of your willingness in assisting and co-operating with me, so that I can send you full details of this transaction and let us make arrangement for a meeting and discuss at length on how to transfer this funds. Also furnish me with your private e-mail address, private Tel/Fax Numbers for a personal contact with you.

Finally, I am trusting on your full understanding on this, hoping that there will be absolute confidentiality.

Best regard,

Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
Strike_Force_Reptiles
lol yep i got one of those emails last year lol so i sent them the name of a detective at our police station, police dept addy, detectives # and waited to see what happened lol never heard anything about it though lol

Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
Wolfy-hound
Haha, giving them the police dept number.

Sound like my idea of these callers asking to talk to "whoever is in charge of the telephone account?" And I give them the customer service number for AT&T.

I figure if they didn't spend the money to get a high class Spam list with names of the people at the numbers they'll call, they don't deserve to waste the boss's time. I've also chastised one telemarketer, telling him to inform his supervisor that they need to put out a lot more money to get a updated SPAM list of phone numbers to call, because they are asking for someone who hasn't been the owner of the business for over 2 years. He had the audacity to ask me "Who is the currant owner?" I told him that information wasn't free, and if he wanted to send me a check for $50, I would supply the currant busniess owner's name and the approximate time of day he could reach her. Funny enough, he hasn't called back yet.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
navigator1998
I got a email from the same name. And sent them to a collection's department of att-wireless. LMAO

Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
ilovemylizard
The address of the FBI Financial Crimes Division in DC might be an amusing one to give them, LOL

I used to have that address written down somewhere, I'll have to go find it again...

Something also occurred to me while catching up on this thread...does anyone know if there are any internal police departments or other law enforcement similar to our FBI in these west African nations? I know it is difficult for anyone here in the US to do anything, but surely there must be some kind of courts or prosecutors in those African countries who would be interested in info on thieves running this kind of fraud out of their own country?

Forwarding emails, and other contact info to their local government/police, might be more effective...I would think there has to be some kind of punishment for international criminal fraud/theft like this??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!