Info Sean Holiday (YourGeckoGuy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
candace313
Sean Holiday (YourGeckoGuy)

I ordered the G.E.O. (Transformer Edition) from Sean Holiday (YourGeckoGuy). The shipment box was damaged and several of the cups and G.E.O.'s were crushed. I was able to bend these back into place, so they are functional now.

I contacted Sean Holiday (YourGeckoGuy) through their website to provide feedback for their shipping method suggesting they actually add packing material to the box in addition to the items ordered. I expressed my displeasure with the shipping and included a photo of the box so he could see the collapsed portion.

I have yet to recieve a response.

While I do not feel that this seller is necessarily a "Bad Guy" I suggest buyers inquire about the shipping packaging before ordering from them. I personally will not EVER order from them again due to the lack of communication which signals bad seller ethics to me. Although I did not REQUEST a response from the seller I feel that anyone that recieves an e-mail from a displeased customer has an obligation to reply.

I don't know how to take a snapshot of the email, but this is the email and the photo I sent him is attached as well:

fromC.E. <candace.eve@gmail.com>
to"Your Gecko Guy .com" <gecko3916@hotmail.com>

dateWed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM
subjectG.E.O. feedback
mailed-bygmail.com

Hello,
I received my G.E.O.'s today. The company should begin to place styrofoam or some sort of packaging inside. Some of the cups and G.E.O.'s were bent or dented in. I was able to bend them back into functioning shape, but it gave me a not so good feeling about the company.
I know it more than likely happened in the actual shipping and not at your facilities, but better packaging could have prevented most of the damage. Photo attached of packaging. I wish I had taken a photo before bending them back into place, but I was somewhat upset and just begin trying to make them functional.
I will let you know how the G.E.O. functions for me this season. I feel it is a good design and I have high hopes for the product!
Thanks
Candace E. Beach

IMAG0208.jpg
1322K View Download

Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
candace313
Photo should attach here now. Sorry
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
vapres9686
I ordered the transformer edition (12) as well about a month ago and had no problems. I agree Sean should have replied to your email in regards to the issue at hand, BUT I also can understand he may not have been able to reply due to other unknown reasons.

Have you attempted to contact him via phone? I would have suggested doing that before making this thread, if you have no already attempted that. I understand we as customers want answers ASAP, but we also have to remember there are people that live busier lives than we do.

Candace, I hope you and Sean resolve this issue peacefully and respectfully. Wish you the best. Please let us know how things work out between the two of you.

Cordially,

Van Preston

Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
your gecko guy
Hello I would have to say I wish you would have expressed you feelings to me a little better. You told me that you were able to still use the product so I assumed that everthing was ok. I want to do the right thing here. I just need to know what ? This is a hobby for us and we enjoy it very much and plan on doing for a long time. So with that said what can I do to make it right please let us know thx Sean
Would you like ?
A) Refund
B) Ship you another Pkg (NO CHARGE)
C) Ship you the product was damaged
Please let us know I would like for you to have a good experience. Thank You Sean

Old 05-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
candace313
I do not wish for anything. I simply would have appreciated an email back letting me know you received my email and would be addressing the problem with future orders. I have seen a few "live" listings from you that I have considered contacting you about, but this situation has scared me away from ordering even though packing policies would be different for the two types of orders. If you have updated packing methods please post again.
Thank you
Candace

Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
your gecko guy
I am sorry you did not recive a email. I answer the emails from my phone some times I do have issues. The message said " Let me know what you cant salvage and I will will replace it " Candace, I think anyone who has had this happen to them would do the same. I would still like to do something for your fusteration on this. Due to the fact of the time you took to make this thread. Our packing for the product is news paper and the product. I dont know how else I could reinforce the box ? They arent cheap ones we pay 60 cents a box ? Please let me know if I can help in anyway. The boxes the geckos are shipped in are insolated with foam. They are the same everyone else has. Please let us know thx again Sean

Old 05-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
candace313
Thank you for replying and contacting me through Fauna today. Your response to my email was not received unfortunately. All of the items were salvaged and are functional. Your reply to this has made me feel a lot better about Your Gecko Guy. I do hope that we can do business in the future.

Thank you
Candace

Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
your gecko guy
Great! I sent you a refund anyway. I am glad that we could work this out. I would like to say thank you and the B.O.I for this. It could have went on and on and not been good for me. It has helped me as well as others. Thank You for your thread I will try to make a effort to respond better and look in to the reinforcement on the pkgs. Thx Sean

Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Crypt keeper
I agree with Sean. You e-mail was more informational and IMO did not seem like you were asking for a reply. Im glad you all fixed these things. I was looking at his website for the Geckos and now that he has handled this in a professional and mature manner will be buying some in the near future for my nephew.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
candace313
Thank you, I really do appreciate the response(s) and refund. B.O.I. is very helpful. I wish you the best in future business. Thanks again for resolving the problem.

Thank you
Candace

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!