Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #141
Chrisw
Is it just me or did this do no good? Paid members are still chit chatting in the classifieds... Maybe change the whole classifieds, I am sure there is a vbulletin classifieds plugin.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #142
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisw View Post
Is it just me or did this do no good? Paid members are still chit chatting in the classifieds... .
if you see disruptive postings in the classifieds please use the 'report post' function to alert the mod staff.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #143
KelliH
Quote:
Is it just me or did this do no good? Paid members are still chit chatting in the classifieds... Maybe change the whole classifieds, I am sure there is a vbulletin classifieds plugin.
Actually, there are only a couple of vb classified plug ins, and in fact if I remember correctly, one of those plug ins was used here for an amount of time and it was not well liked by the members, so we went back to this modified version of the forum based classified section.

How about people simply enjoy the FREE classifieds, accept what the owner of this website decides to do regarding his website and leave it at that?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #144
hhmoore
Quote:
All I can say is that leaving it open to paid members is a trial consideration - if that group can't manage to function within the guidelines either, I doubt Rich would dwell on the matter much before closing the classifieds to replies entirely. Don't think that this change means we are going to start ignoring what goes on that section...the situation will be well monitored. Heck, shutting down registered members made it EASY to review ads that have posts made.

Not surprisingly, a lot of people haven't even figured out what is going on yet....I've been getting about the same number of PMs every day since this went into effect.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #145
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
All I can say is that leaving it open to paid members is a trial consideration - if that group can't manage to function within the guidelines either, I doubt Rich would dwell on the matter much before closing the classifieds to replies entirely. Don't think that this change means we are going to start ignoring what goes on that section...the situation will be well monitored. Heck, shutting down registered members made it EASY to review ads that have posts made.

Not surprisingly, a lot of people haven't even figured out what is going on yet....I've been getting about the same number of PMs every day since this went into effect.
Yeah, I'm still getting a fair number of PMs and emails about the change, with people asking "Why can't I post in the classifieds any longer?". Regardless of the fact that an announcement was posted, THIS thread was created, and there is a notice with in the screen you get when you click the Contact Us link that states something about checking the Feedback Forum for answers to questions.

So my replies are merely "Have you read the announcement at the top of EVERY classified forum or checked the Feedback Forum for an answer to your question?" Yeah, I'm sure that has pissed some people off thinking I should just go ahead and spoonfeed them the info instead.

In any event, if the abuses continue, but now limited to paid members, then in order to stop the abuses completely, then the paid members will lose the privilege of being able to make replies in the classifieds. This is an attempt to eliminate abuses in the classifieds section, NOT an attempt to coerce members to become paid members. So if I have to cut out replies completely, then that is exactly what I will do.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #146
hhmoore
Also, it should be pointed out that a lot of the "chatty" posts predate the closing of the classifieds...bumping ads via the Classifieds Panel will bring them up to the top and look like a new post, regardless of how long ago the last posted response was submitted. I came across at least 8-10 of those tonight just casually scrolling through the ads.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #147
mechnut450
why not simply require a seller to have a Boi link in their ads that would refer people to the Bio for questions in regards to sells and such.
OR also have a small sub section that link to a ad or person profile for questions and such, and the Mods can prolly set a limit to the reply a person may to a ad
or even set so a person must pm the seller and they can only post the question/and answer to their ad . this way it stop the bickering the seller has the option of replying to badgering questions. I seen many snakes on the classified sections but I do find having to scann though a bunch of (crap to see if sold or not a pain ) I also do look at the boi for the seller.
I think a required link to their boi would make it easier. and if possible have all post to that person set so it all one post. instead of say 20 different boi on ( example only ) ed clark or even that famous Wise topic lol

Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #148
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechnut450 View Post
why not simply require a seller to have a Boi link in their ads that would refer people to the Bio for questions in regards to sells and such.
OR also have a small sub section that link to a ad or person profile for questions and such, and the Mods can prolly set a limit to the reply a person may to a ad
or even set so a person must pm the seller and they can only post the question/and answer to their ad . this way it stop the bickering the seller has the option of replying to badgering questions. I seen many snakes on the classified sections but I do find having to scann though a bunch of (crap to see if sold or not a pain ) I also do look at the boi for the seller.
I think a required link to their boi would make it easier. and if possible have all post to that person set so it all one post. instead of say 20 different boi on ( example only ) ed clark or even that famous Wise topic lol
Sorry, but I'm just not interested in putting policies into place that will cause us MORE work, rather than less. Ceasing with replies to the ads altogether is the simplest and most effective solution to the problems.

If someone wants to set up a BOI thread about someone they have done, or considering doing, business with, then that is fine. It is entirely up to each party considering in engaging in a transaction to THOROUGHLY check out the other party involved in the transaction.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #149
bonyclideex
Hi I dont now whats going on but I havr sold with no problem on hear ive done good bissnes with people never messed with or hurt any on I just sold 2 snakes and now it like im locked out can some sone please tell me whats going on please

Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #150
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonyclideex View Post
can some sone please tell me whats going on please

from the first post in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
As I have indicated in the past, there is a simple solution to this sort of problem, but obviously it is not perfect or I would have already implemented it. And that is, to simply STOP all replies to classified threads. Rather than just do the cold turkey approach, I will first limit replies to classified threads so that only paid members can utilize that function. I will then evaluate how effective that has been, and if not enough, then that function ceases for ALL members.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!