Ivan Alfonso, Matt Jillson & The Chameleon Company (Jim Flaherty): Bad guys... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:24 PM   #21
Jovcham
WOW ritchie luna just proved my point about what people think about that ad MUCH better than I ever could have.

Betcha you all never thought this bad guy post would bring them more sales. LOL gotta love it!

Old 09-22-2004, 12:40 PM   #22
screameleons
Well, I'm still not convinced that hiding behind a fake username and posting false accusations about other businesses is acceptable. But thats just me.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:48 PM   #23
Chris Anderson
Ritchie,

I have to say that I disagree with you on this. Personally business ethics are very important in my consideration of who to purchase animals from. Ivan and Matt have just shown possibly the worst business ethics I've seen in chameleon breeders circles and I have to say I'm very disapointed in that, I expected much more from them, especially Ivan. While their adds may not have been blatent attacks on other breeders and businesses, to those of us who are familiar with ambilobe breeders, they were obvious. Regardless of those adds, Ivan and Matt's public attacks on Vince, hiding behind aliase user names is absolutely pathetic and uncalled for. I don't care which of the two really is ddmadson (the IP evidence proves its one of them), they have pushed the fact that they are one in the same business wise and as a result, I think they are both to be held at fault for it. I don't deny that Anubis and his offspring are nice looking animals and I don't care what they ask for them or what they do to get their price until it starts to negatively affect the chameleon community and the efforts of other breeders who are making their best efforts to provide quality animals. I don't care who's animals are cheaper as long as they are pure bred quality animals. I don't care if a breeder likes to name his breeding animals after fruit, there is no need for cheap shots at a cham's name. I didn't see anyone crying about accusations of superior quality, I saw a legitimate exposure of poor business ethics, slander and needless, completely childish attacks on other breeders for absolutely no reason. Not only that, Matt and Ivan tried to use the name of other well known and respected breeders to their benefit without their knowledge or consent. To me these actions are appauling and regardless of the quality of Ivan and Matt's animals (or anyone elses), I look at them in complete disgust over their behavior and chosen methods.

Jovana,

Thank's for the maturity you showed in your last post, it was enlightening. LOL, I'm amazed...

Chris Anderson

Old 09-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #24
chameleonman
Thumbs down Business Tactics??

From my point of view I can tell that there are many individuals around the chameleon community who seem to have very little education and therefore confuse the concept of business tactics and which have very little experience in the business world.

If it is business tactics at all, it is a deplorable business strategy as it not only shows an disloyal competition which only hurts the chameleon industry as a whole. Direct targeting is widely seen in many marketing strategies but there are certain standards that are followed with regards to ethics and disloyal competition. Which means that there are certain guidelines and rules they need to follow. Coca-cola can't say Pepsi is a sonof**** so on and so forth.

Another suggestion is that these issues should be dealt on a personal basis and not in public as it will have a negative drawbakcs to both sides, no matter who the "bad guy" is. If we are dealing with two companies which have been legally established, there is a law for these sort of deterring behaviour and advertising.

All I'm trying to say is that these issues should be handled at least like adults with a little bit of common sense.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:01 PM   #25
Jovcham
are you sarcasticly refering to my maturity over me laughing that the starters of this bad guy thread brought more business to ivan, matt & c.c ? because no matter how you look at it..its funny...not a question of maturity...just plain funny.

I also see nothing wrong with saying someone proved my point, that the normal joe shmoe would not see Ivans ad as saying anything wrong about any other particular breeder. As I stated before...its called selling tactics. his comments were cmpletley un bias being in the snake hobby and not chameleons.

Your right coke cant use the name pepsi when saying they are the best around and the other guys have more sugar. but they can use the words "the other guys" and its perfectly fine. There are no laws against it, companies do it on a daily basis, so does that mean breeders cant do it? why?

now if your refering to something else...please inlighten me.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:02 PM   #26
Ken Harbart
This thread is going to look awfully strange when I go through and delete the replies of the folks who've been disregarding the full name rule here on the BOI.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #27
Legendcham
Enforce the Rules!!!!!

You should go ahead and delete the threads that have not been
signed!

Lane Gergely
Legendcham

Old 09-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #28
cowboy
Jovana

You are NOW a snake hobbyist?! Am I mistaken or don't you have chameleons AND aren't you a regular posting often advising people on the KS chameleon forum? Unbiased huh? Not only that but aren't you the same one thet killed One Eye, a chameleon you were NOT allowed to buy so you had your man friend buy it for you? Then after I poste to it you email me to please edit my submitton. You are hardly unbiased. It is evident you are speeaking of things you have no knowedge of Or you are being fed a bunch of BS from your vet.

Dennis Scott

Old 09-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #29
Jovcham
lol dennis....where did you learn to read? re-read my post before trying to bash someone.

As it CLEARLY states in my post, the GUY proved my point (the guy being ritchie lune) ---------"HE" ----------is in the snake hobby knows nothing of chameleons therefor has a completly unbias oppinion on the subject.

As far as bringing up the other chameleon, the picture I showed you was taken THE DAY he arived in the other persons care, this same picture the previous owner commented on stating he looked half dead then...(before they realized the picture was taken day of arival) Furthermore the ONLY reason this chameleon was not sold to me in the first place was because the owner discovered Ivan was my vet, and they are in a fued with him. All these facts have been laid out & I will comment no more on this issue EVER!

My posts on here have not been defending my vet in any way, they are showing my views on this stupid childish game. If you take the time to LEARN TO READ and READ MY FIRST POST you'd see this.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:34 PM   #30
Jovcham
BTW thank you BOI

This keeps me intertained while @ work...
crazyness...all crazyness!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!