Bad Guy James/ Ember Gecko - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Sgtflex
James/ Ember Gecko

So as a seasoned BP collector I decided to get into something new and set out for some super giant geckos. I came across ember gecko's site and found some animals I fell in love with.I contacted the owner directly and made the deposit.

I had one month to pay and plan. Let me note that I do not live in the USA but made arrangements with the airlines to fly to the USA to collect these animals and fly them back. I arranged my travels to collect this item and made a second payment on the animals. Making contact with the owner a little more than one week in advance to my flight he assured me he could make delivery to the fedex location on Friday so I could collect (my flight was set for sunday). The day of agreed shipment (thursday, seeing it was overnight) I made the last payment and the emailed the owner.

He emailed me back and said he is out of heat pads and can not ship until Monday. Now that was the first let down, after emailing a week+ in advance and planning delivery for a particular date you manage your supplies poorly and are unable to meet your obligations? Okay, after pleading for him to work out something (ask another local breeder or go to a packing center) we came to the decision that he could not ship.

Extremely disturbed and disappointed I asked for a refund, considering it was his fault and I am already out $400 in travel expenses (note I could sue him for my expenses) . Owner flat on refuses to refund me and tells me I have to take the geckos when he can deliver or he will hold them till whenever I am in the USA again (is he serious?).

I told him I am not returning to the USA again for a while ( I was just traveling for this purchase so I need the refund. He continues to refuse, despite his wrong doing and on top of it all puts the phone down in my ear. This man is truly unprofessional and does not know about business ethics, business/stock management or customer service.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
JButera
Was he aware you were flying in and had a tight time frame for pickup?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
Lucille
Ezra, in your location you say that you live in the Bronx in NY. In your post you say you live abroad?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:15 PM   #4
Sgtflex
Hey, I live overseas but I usually stay in the Bronx when I do travel to the USA

Old 02-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Lucille
You realize there are NYC health code issues with reptiles in the Bronx? And how exactly were you going to arrange this? Does your country permit imports, what is the procedure?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
JButera
What's that have to do with it..you a mod now?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
What's that have to do with it..you a mod now?
The fact that an incorrect location was listed may affect his credibility for some. I've notified Ember Geckos, I'm interested in their point of view as well.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
Sgtflex
I am not aware of the policies in the Bronx pertaining reptiles as I do not live or keep them there. From research and talking to my airline I am able to travel with them once they are in a suitable carrier and labeled well with heat packs. As for my country , I have a registered permit as a reptile handler which allows me to import.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #9
Sgtflex
Also, I need not prove my credibility to some one based on what my location says or where I am from. I did have a deal with them and I can show emails between us and if it was safe show paypal receipts. At the end of the day what matters is the case where my transaction and plans were affected by the seller's "lack of heat packs through poor planning even after we spoke via email and then the seller 1. refusing to refund me 2.being rude 3. hanging up on a customer and 4. not even trying to help or compensate for his mistake.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtflex View Post
Also, I need not prove my credibility to some one based on what my location says or where I am from. I did have a deal with them and I can show emails between us and if it was safe show paypal receipts. At the end of the day what matters is the case where my transaction and plans were affected by the seller's "lack of heat packs through poor planning even after we spoke via email and then the seller 1. refusing to refund me 2.being rude 3. hanging up on a customer and 4. not even trying to help or compensate for his mistake.
Lucille's the self-appointed lawyer for sellers here. Others will come in your defense, but they'll want screenshots of the conversations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!