Bad Guy Edward Haste will not refund money for my DOA Bearded Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
frilled_queen
Edward Haste will not refund money for my DOA Bearded Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are my dealings with Edward Haste "edhastereptiles", I put a deposit on 2/16/10 a great female bearded dragon. Link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=165663

I sent the remaining amount of the money owed on this female on the 26th of February. Ed told me that it would be ok to ship out on Monday. I have a FedEx so I sent him the shipping label for the girl. Long story short. FedEx delivered the girl a day late because of the storm. When I opened the box she was super cold. I pulled her out and she was limp. I stuck her in warm towels to see if it wasn't too late for her. Unfortunately she was gone. I took pics of the deceased dragon.

I contacted Ed and he stated that "sorry i cant refund the money,you need to contact fed-ex that was overnight service ,they should have delivered yesterday,after 2 days the heat pack quit working it was only ment for 1 day."

What breeder puts only a 1 day heat pack in the middle of winter for that reason. I told them that "live arrival is a guarantee and that fedex/ups does NOT guarantee animals whatsoever, otherwise everyone would be claiming dead animals." I haven't heard back from him yet.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
DAND
E-mails?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by frilled_queen View Post
Ed told me that it would be ok to ship out on Monday.
Do you have the e-mail where he states that?

Quote:
I contacted Ed and he stated that "sorry i cant refund the money,you need to contact fed-ex that was overnight service ,they should have delivered yesterday,after 2 days the heat pack quit working it was only ment for 1 day."
Even thought fed ex didnt deliver the package on time, should Ed have checked the weather reports? how long have you been shipping ed?

Quote:
What breeder puts only a 1 day heat pack in the middle of winter for that reason. I told them that "live arrival is a guarantee and that fedex/ups does NOT guarantee animals whatsoever, otherwise everyone would be claiming dead animals." I haven't heard back from him yet.
If anything it should be a 40 hr heat pack. I am sorry to hear that you received a dead animal and the seller is being to stubborn to do anything about it. Just seems like he put the blame on fed-ex and left it at that!

Old 03-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
mvite
Only scumbags place the blame on the shipping agent and leave the customer high-and-dry.

If you can produce emails confirming this I would say that Edward Haste is a scumbag.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
frilled_queen
Re: Female Bearded Dragon‏
Sent: Wed 3/03/10 2:40 PM
To: Renae King (frilled_queen@hotmail.com)

sorry i cant refund the money,you need to contact fed-ex that was overnight service ,they should have delieverd yesterday,after 2 days the heat pak quit working it was only ment for 1 day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: eahreptiles@yahoo.com
Sent: Wed, March 3, 2010 3:45:59 PM
Subject: Female Bearded Dragon

Hey Ed,
Please get back to me, this dragon was suppose to be for my daughters B-Day present and her B-Day is tomorrow. Please refund my $$ so I can get her something else.

Thanks, Renae King

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
frilled_queen
Re: baby pics‏
Sent: Fri 2/26/10 1:42 PM
To: Renae King (frilled_queen@hotmail.com)

"yes i think monday is good,temps will be 38 or higher for next week!i have a drop off location.the box is 12X9X7 (LWH)3 lbs"

To: eahreptiles@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 1:43:28 PM
Subject: RE: baby pics

Hi Ed,
I sent the final payment. Is it ok to ship her out Monday? Let me know so I can send you the shipping label. All you have to do is drop the box off at a fedex location or I can have them pick it up at your house. Let me know.

Thanks, Renae King

Old 03-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
garweft
Do you still have the tracking number and where it was sent from? Would be interesting to know where he dropped it off at and where it got delayed.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
frilled_queen
It got stuck @ MEMPHIS, TN

Old 03-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
KelliH
Where is he located? I see you are in California and your temps were ok for shipping. How sad that such a beautiful animal perished. I agree that the tracking number would be useful to know.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
frilled_queen
FedEx #793309394725

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!