Rude buyers - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #31
Andy'sReptiles
show some respect! please..

I don't care if you're older than me, or younger than me.
If you have good english, or not.
Whether you're deserving or not.

Be considerate of my time, be reasonable, don't make unnecessary demands, and I will continue to do the same!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #32
charmer
Exactly...

Stephanie Siebert

Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #33
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggyowner View Post
Not to be annoying, but I think that no seller should blame a buyer. I think it shows good service when you are nice to a buyer even if he is really rude. I recently had to talk to a seller telling him that he was annoying me and I didn't like it (was pretty nasty because it repeated myself a lot). I think you will find buyers who are mean and maybe a little weird but you can not get angry at them. I know this may totally be off-topic but this is sort of a annoying thread because a seller should never get angry. Buyers will be rude... there are customers who are nice and some who are plain nasty. It goes on in the business world and every other environment. I can see how you may get angry but you don't choose the buyer they choose you. The buyer can be plain nasty and you can could stop the deal or keeping going knowing the buyer is going to be a good caretaker and he will give you the money. I am not trying to be a pest but I just wanted to put that out there.
I don't think so. As a seller, business owner or even a person managing a business for someone has to draw the line somewhere. Just because we are looking to make a few bucks off of a deal doesn't mean we get get to be personal punching bags or doormats with a smile on our faces.

Each will handle it differently but I don't need the deal or the money so bad I'll let a customer walk all over me. I have things to do, animals to care for etc etc. The time I get to answer questions about my animals may not always be anytime someone asks the questions. If a potential customer wants to get rude, they'll either find a polite e-mail or PM dropping the deal if no money has changed hands, a refund if it has or me telling them where they can stick their piss poor attitude.

A customer is always right until they are wrong.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #34
ophidile
Yeah, "the customer is always right" is actually an incredibly BAD motto that pretty much attracts abusive customers to take advantage. I was reading an interesting article about how companies that stand behind their employees when a customers is being just plain unreasonable do better as far as moral and productivity goes. I think it "makes sense" too.

That said, I guess I don't find it that "rude" if a customer drops contact without specifically saying they've decided not to buy - I realize it's annoying if you've put a lot of time into answering their questions, etc. But maybe they were "serious" they just decided what they saw wasn't exactly what they wanted? I think some folks just figure the seller automatically doesn't think of them as "buyers" until they've put down money, and sending a "thanks but no thanks" email is just wasting the seller's time even more. Or they've got multiple inquiries going on and forget - I'm guilty of this! XP But this thread is a good reminder that I should be mindful and let people know when I'm not interested.

In one case though, I think I was a little TOO mindful of not pestering a seller - I was looking at a "proven female breeder" corn, thought to ask for weight then thought "nah, I'm sure it's fine." Of course then I got a 250g 6-year-old female that looks way too thin to breed to me :/ I realize it's not the same since I was a "serious buyer" but if I had asked for weights - or even better photos, probably- I would have been put off, and then been just "another windowshopper"

Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #35
Nirvana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
That said, I guess I don't find it that "rude" if a customer drops contact without specifically saying they've decided not to buy - I realize it's annoying if you've put a lot of time into answering their questions, etc. But maybe they were "serious" they just decided what they saw wasn't exactly what they wanted? I think some folks just figure the seller automatically doesn't think of them as "buyers" until they've put down money, and sending a "thanks but no thanks" email is just wasting the seller's time even more. Or they've got multiple inquiries going on and forget - I'm guilty of this! XP But this thread is a good reminder that I should be mindful and let people know when I'm not interested.
I totally agree. It isn't actually that I'm annoyed by answering questions, either -- that doesn't bother me a bit; I expect that any buyer is going to have some questions, and that my answers will affect whether or not they choose to buy. If someone asks me a question, and then I don't hear from them again, that doesn't really bother me as I assume the answer to my question was what caused them to choose not to go through with the purchase, and I take their lack of response as a "No thanks, not interested." I don't even really consider someone "interested" unless they have specifically mentioned making arrangements to get the animal!

I guess what baffles me, though -- not so much annoys as baffles -- is the number of inquiries I get (mainly about reptiles; not so much with the mammals) where the question is simply, "Is it still available?" or "Will you take $xx" -- with no followup. I mean, I can certainly understand asking questions about the animal itself simply to gather info before making a purchase, but to me, if I'm asking if it's available or making an offer, my next question will be "When can I pick it up?" if the response is yes I guess I don't really see what the point was of asking the question in the first place ...

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #36
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Yeah, "the customer is always right" is actually an incredibly BAD motto that pretty much attracts abusive customers to take advantage. I was reading an interesting article about how companies that stand behind their employees when a customers is being just plain unreasonable do better as far as moral and productivity goes. I think it "makes sense" too.
Yup, thats why I said they are right until they are wrong. I've been on both sides as an employee with one boss backing and another boss not. The boss that didn't left a bad taste in my mouth. When i had the opportunity to be in a Management position, I backed all employees when they were right and stood beside them when they were wrong.

No one should be treated like a doormat just because someone thinks their checkbook makes it OK.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #37
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas View Post
No one should be treated like a doormat just because someone thinks their checkbook makes it OK.
Amen brother.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
draigen
[quote]I've been on both sides as an employee with one boss backing and another boss not. The boss that didn't left a bad taste in my mouth.QUOTE]

lol bry, that's exactly why i gave up my managment position! my boss expected me to do everything, but never backed me up when something blew up, or didnt go the way it was supposed to.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #39
Steaphon
RE: Rude buyers...

No Jeremy, it is very rude of them to take up your time, tie up the animal that you could have homed or sold and then never return a call or email. We raise a variety of animals, mostly dogs. We do a lot of rescue, mainly dogs, some reptiles, birds, kittens and so on. I drove 63 miles one way. I was in full communication with the homer of a dog that was preggers and they just had to get rid of!!! and when I was within 3 min. of the home, they "texted" me and said of sorry, we just sold her for 80 bucks. I was to try to help them and offered 40 to get her and help out. No return from my calls asking for gas money and such was of course returned at all. People are greedy and rude. From now on, I make them meet me half way or I don't offer my services. I am so sorry that you went thru this, however, it's part of the game I guess. Don't give up, wonderful people are just around the corner, I am sure of it!

All the best and God Bless,

Steaphon

http://deweesekennels.com

Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #40
Shadera
Sometimes I just want to yank all my ads and say screw it. Dealing with people is definitely the tough part of the hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!