Don't get scammed! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #41
WingedWolf
I don't have a business phone, just a home phone that I share with my house mates. As a result, I don't give that number out as a business contact number. I do, however, give it out if someone insists, and when they are actually buying from me, or I from them (for shipping emergencies).
However, everyone once in a while, some buyer or prospective buyer gets ahold of it, and they do not respect it when you tell them that it's not a business phone. They call repeatedly. That has to go on the rude buyers list.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #42
deborahbroadus
I have a new one!!

Beware if they ask if you can pay for the shipping of your own animal and they pay for the shipping of theirs..there are instances where this CAN be a good thing..but...if they have no intention of shipping out their animal..you are screwed and helped screw yourself and they have given you absolutely NOTHING for the animal.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #43
Southern Wolf
If you approach me for a trade deal... be prepaired to ship out first and once the animal arrives as described then and only then will I ship out to complete the trade. Dont approach me to trade then expect me to ship first or at the same time... wont happen.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #44
chamgirl99471
Have to Agree with you there Southern Wolf... When you approach someone with a trade expect to ship out first... I think it's only fair! If I approach someone with a trade and they have a good reputation and references then and only then would I ship first!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #45
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
However, everyone once in a while, some buyer or prospective buyer gets ahold of it, and they do not respect it when you tell them that it's not a business phone. They call repeatedly. That has to go on the rude buyers list.
Agreed. I had an adult female mojave for sale last year, and rather than contacting me through email as I had asked, one of the large breeders out there decided to grab my number off my site and call me at strange hours repeatedly. I've since taken the number down, and he's on my don't do business with list.

If you have that number for your seller, please be respectful with it!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #46
tinmantribe5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Agreed. I had an adult female mojave for sale last year, and rather than contacting me through email as I had asked, one of the large breeders out there decided to grab my number off my site and call me at strange hours repeatedly. I've since taken the number down, and he's on my don't do business with list.

If you have that number for your seller, please be respectful with it!
EWWWWWWW thats kinda Creepy!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #47
StrictlyExotics
Recently,

Sill in the process actually, a customer asked me to go take photos of my house as well. Even described exactly what he wanted a photo of.

In this day and age, and all of the technology at our fingertips, I thought this was a pretty good idea. He said he wanted to know what the house looked like to where he was shipping. All the while, he was on the internet looking it up through Google earth or another engine. I rushed outside and was able to get that completed for him within 5-10 minutes.

This too, could also be used in sales as well. Want to know where your product is coming from? Ask to take a pic of their residence or place of business.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #48
Shadera
Okay, photos of where I live is a dealbreaker. I'm not even totally comfortable giving up the city I live in for my profile here. It'd be so easy for someone to use name, location, and house photos to find you and steal everything you own.

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #49
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Okay, photos of where I live is a dealbreaker. I'm not even totally comfortable giving up the city I live in for my profile here. It'd be so easy for someone to use name, location, and house photos to find you and steal everything you own.

I hope you were being sarcastic.
Won't/Can't they find out that information any way (address) when you do that ship? It would be easy then for them to do the Google themselves.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #50
StrictlyExotics
Shadera, I understand what you are saying however, they get that info from you when they have to remit payment anyhow. There are programs out there, like Google Earth and some better ones, that once they have your address will show your home. Big brother is watching us

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!