A question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Archie Bottoms
A question

If you sell a gravid snake and part of the deal is a pr of the offspring when it is born at what point should you expect to recieve your pr of babies.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
fearaffect
depends on species but id say about 4 weeks as a general rule after hatching/birth

Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
brd7666
Don't be suprised when this gets deleted. You have to have a name in the heading.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Archie Bottoms
Delete it if you want I just wanted some expert opinions.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Archie Bottoms
Why 4 weeks.What does 4 weeks have to do with it.Lets say you wait 4 weeks and the person lets them all die but 1 pr and you agreed on a pr when born then you should still get the pr as that was the deal Right

Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
This thread has been moved to the General Business Discussion forum.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
fearaffect
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bottoms View Post
Why 4 weeks.What does 4 weeks have to do with it.Lets say you wait 4 weeks and the person lets them all die but 1 pr and you agreed on a pr when born then you should still get the pr as that was the deal Right
OMG man..........depends on species, i was just saying in general...dam

should wait for them to shed out a couple of times and make sure they r eating......sooooo 4 wks is usually a good indicator if they r eating and have shed........what, u want a whole technical manual on every species??!!

Forget that I was just tying to be helpful to u............wont do it again!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
Archie Bottoms
No you were very helpful .I recently got into this situation and have herd nothing.I would of been happy to feed them myself get them started.I was just wanting to know what other people thought.I do not know if any has died.The way I would do it is as soon as they were born I would say come get your babies unless you requested I feed them.That is how every one I know does it .I have good experience in this species and simmular species and would have no problem feeding them.I know how to get them started.When they were born I wanted them then.I was told to wait until they got them feeding not my choice at all.They were haveing trouble getting them started and I consulted them now I hear nothing at all.Truth is I feel like I should of had the choice as it was me who put all the work in and cycled them and bred them and was forced to sell them 5 months in to the preg.I would of never sold them with out the word of the buyer to give me babies period.It was the strongest point in the deal for me .

Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
StrictlyExotics
Hey Archie,

Apparently those details of the transaction were not discussed prior to any shipping right. What I would suggest is to let them know that you will take the pr as-is and now. Tell them you would prefer to get them started versus having them do it. Although, this might be too late from the way it sounds. But, for next time, you will know more of what to hammer out before the deal is finalized. Make sense?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
fearaffect
So i get left negative karma for trying to b helpful and then saying that I wont try doin that again??!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!