first rule of business - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-25-2002, 12:52 PM   #31
Neil Gubitz
Rob.... I couldn't agree with you more!... But, you forgot some....

Bred and Breed.... they have already been breed???

Lose and Loose.... don't loose out???

A and An.... an heterozygous??

I just love this stuff.... for AMUSEMENT ONLY!.... I would NEVER buy from them!

....Neil

Old 11-25-2002, 03:14 PM   #32
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
LOL

Thanks Neil. I actually hadn't forgotten those, but after each example I typed out, my IQ dropped another few points, so I had to stop they're.

Cheers...and Jeers!!!

Old 11-25-2002, 04:18 PM   #33
John Apple
Arrow you all are forgetting one thing

Honesty
HONESTY
honesty

You know grammer is a 'sometimes' indication of who you are dealing with, the person can be the most honest person around and mis-spell a few words
And on the other side of the coin the person can be grammer perfect and rip you completely off.
granted spelling errors and all that can be an indication of what you are getting into, this isn't allways the case
I have delt with a few people that have made grammer errors to kill for, they still presented themselves with the ut-most honesty and care for the animals that they may present to you.
It's all how 'you' feel about dealing with these people

Old 11-25-2002, 04:32 PM   #34
John,

I totally agree with you on that. However, those people whom I know aren't the best spellers are people who I do business with IN PERSON or over the phone only and people that I have known for some time, so I know about their funky typographical quirks. It is the people that I don't know that cannot even spell the animals they are selling...and in some cases their own names right that I won't do business with. If the first time I see someone's name is an ad full of spelling and grammar mistakes, they will not see my business.
And although many scammers out there type well, if I were to get scammed by one, at least it makes me feel like I got burned by someone with half a brain instead of some idiot who can't even spell SNAKE right.

Cheers!

Old 11-25-2002, 04:33 PM   #35
meant to add this into my post, but first impressions are everything!

Old 11-25-2002, 04:46 PM   #36
Neil Gubitz
See John.... luckily, we all know you.... and know that you have a brain in your head, so I have no problem saying....

misspell.... not mis-spell

always.... not allways

dealt.... not delt

utmost.... not ut-most

other than that.... you're PERFECT!.... lmao

You're STILL OK in my book!

....Neil

Old 11-25-2002, 05:25 PM   #37
John Apple
Ahhh yes
I am a legend in my own mind

I bet your spelling teacher hated you Neil

but lets include punctuation and proper use of CAPS
other than that.....well we all make mistakes

who loves ya

wel tim tooo goe an eats me sum diner

Old 11-25-2002, 05:57 PM   #38
Neil Gubitz
John.... My English teacher had NOTHING to do with it!.... The BEST way of increasing your vocabulary, and at the same time, teach your BRAIN how to see things in a different light (sometimes).... is to do CROSSWORD PUZZLES.... WITH a dictionary by your side to look up the words you THINK you know??.... You will be AMAZED at the things you can learn by doing them.... and they're FUN! Start with the easy one's, and work your way up....
As far as CAPS and my (.... ), are concerned.... THAT'S called.... "Literary License"!.... but, you'll notice.... they're ALL the same!.... (4 and a space).... lol

....Neil (no space with my name).... hahaha

Old 11-25-2002, 05:59 PM   #39
Now if only they made CrossGrammar Puzzles... hmmmm... talk about leaving those participles dangling! heheh

Cheers!

Hukt on fonex werkt 4 me!

Old 11-25-2002, 06:11 PM   #40
midnightline
Quote:
A and An.... an heterozygous??
Actually, I believe an is the correct article to use when placed directly before a word beginning with the letter 'h'. It doesn't flow as nicely in speech, but saying things like 'an historic occasion' is perfectly correct grammar.

Yeah, it's nitpicky, but hey...

Just to keep in spirit, I've seen ads that list 'tribble hets', 'gost corns', and even 'cron snaks'. It just cracks me up.

-Kat Hall

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!