wondering about the paypal 3% - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #41
Jim O
Well...I just lost a deal over this issue. A seller and I had agreed on a shipped price for some animals. He agreed to accept PayPal. I sent his the agreed upon sum ($2750) and then he was unhappy that PayPal took its cut of ~$80 and wanted me to also send that amount after the fact. I politely pointed to PayPal's rules (with the link) and offered him the option to refund my money or accept my payment. He chose the former and promptly made the refund.

Anyone think I should post the details and the seller's name on the BOI? Complain to PayPal?

Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #42
Chris@TSE
Thats a pretty lousy thing to do...........

I would point him to this thread and have him reconsider...

Then I would decide whether or not to report him to paypal and post your experience on the BOI based on his answer.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #43
Jim O
Thanks Chris. I did that.
Quote:
You should read the following thread at Fauna and let me know what you think. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...7&page=1&pp=40. I am considering posting this experience at the BOI given that you attempted to increase the price by $80 after I had paid for the lizards in full.

Jim
His response:
Quote:
Its your right.

Thanks

Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #44
yasin
Hello,

I am sorry with the whole thing and I thinks its Jim's right to report me both to BOI and to the paypal.

I misunderstood and thought that the money he agreed to pay was the net amount and when he told me I was wrong I returned the money promptly.

Again I am sorry with this whole thing and I wished I didn't need the money so that I could accept the amount.

My name is Muhammed Yasin Cakmak by the way, if you guys need to report me to anywhere.

Thanks
Yasin

Old 08-28-2005, 10:18 PM   #45
Chris@TSE
The fee is the cost of doing business. You do not add it afterwards.

Next time you'll learn to include such in your price beforehand. When a buyer and seller agree to the price, it is a FINAL price.

Not only is doing something like this underhanded, it is illegal. Stating that you thought your agreement was for a NET amount is bull****. You saw what was taken out after the transaction and then complained & requested additional fund...... Not cool.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #46
yasin
Well again I am sorry.

I am not an experienced seller like you Chris. I faced no problems when I bought that ring python from TSE around 2 years ago. What I mean by this is I don't have business experience on selling reptiles like you guys.

I need money quick so I am selling my reptiles. Made a mistake and I am sorry about it.

Yasin

Old 08-28-2005, 10:32 PM   #47
DThomas
Ok, anything further about Jim's transaction needs to be taken to the BOI. Anymore posts about the transaction will be deleted.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #48
Jim O
Sorry Dennis. It was not my intention to make this a BOI thread but rather to seek advice.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 AM   #49
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Sorry Dennis. It was not my intention to make this a BOI thread but rather to seek advice.
Jim,

I know that, no worries. I saw he was replying and thought it best to step in sooner than later and direct further discussion to the BOI.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 AM   #50
DragonCharm
$80 on a nearly $3000 transaction isn't squat. Consider this, I spend $200 a month in gas getting to a job that pays me less than $3000 a month, you don't see me sitting at home waiting for gas prices to drop......food for thought.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!