Heterozygous traits, how much would you pay for 100% reassurance? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for this service?
$75 10 12.82%
$100 23 29.49%
$125 5 6.41%
$150 23 29.49%
I'd rather take my chances. 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap

Lucille,

That is great what they are doing in Texas, but that still dont mean you can get blood from a turnip. If the person in question is broke or hiding their money then you still dont see a dime. Sadly that happens all the time in civil cases. You cant take from people what they dont have.
Sammy

Do me a favor and put this conversation somewhere, where you won't forget it. I will never forget Fauna, and the people here, and what they have done for me.
Someday, I'll take a picture of my study, and you'll see the hides of Texas scammers nailed to the wall by the new Texas Hammer.....
I promise you, the turnip will bleed.......

Old 04-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #42
The BoidSmith
Quote:
The problem is you are asking what a service would be worth to us but you are being sufficiently vague that we have no idea what exactly the service is.
Clay,

You are right, and I shouldn't have opened my mouth in the first place. But when you are asked "do you think there's a need for something like this", and at the same time "please don't disclose details", you are put between a rock and a hard place. So far I had "other" expectations as far as the type of replies. These are more than likely from what you are very well pointing out, not enough information. Forgive me for a while, OK?

Regards

Old 04-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #43
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Someday, I'll take a picture of my study, and you'll see the hides of Texas scammers nailed to the wall by the new Texas Hammer.....
Is it legal to do that down there?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Is it legal to do that down there?
Shhhhh, no honey but we're just tryin' to scare 'em. Same with the tarrin' and featherin'

But it IS legal to charge $30,000 for a case and send the bill to them after I win a DTPA case, and have a judgment so their future earnings are mine.......
mmmmm, turnip blood......

Old 04-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #45
Chameleon Company
Quote:
But it IS legal to charge $30,000 for a case and send the bill to them after I win a DTPA case, and have a judgment so their future earnings are mine.......
But you will have fronted and risked the $30K, and be waiting to recover via garnishment from a scammer. If and when it happens, it will be fun to read about here. But until then, I would recommend a "Plan B" to all buyers of hets.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #46
The BoidSmith
Jim

Yes, "plan B" as in Lee Marvin's "Ballinger"; yes, I'm that old...

Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #47
Chameleon Company
Well, you only got me by a year, and I loved Lee Marvin, but I can't recall his "Plan B". I doubt it was nice?

Old 04-23-2006, 10:09 PM   #48
chondrogal
I would probably not pay for any sort of insurance program. I would do as others suggest, know my breeder and buy only from reputable sources.

As a breeder of high end morphs involving possible hets, I like the idea very much about having genetic testing available. In my species, perhaps others, it would be difficult to issue a certificate with a picture verification as the babys change completely in appearance as they grow up. Some of them continue to change for many years.

As a holder of several possible hets though, I would gladly pay a lab fee to determine which of my snakes were hets... and for that matter, sexing would be a very nice thing to determine in babies too. Mis-sexing can happen to anyone accidentally.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #49
The BoidSmith
Quote:
As a holder of several possible hets though, I would gladly pay a lab fee to determine which of my snakes were hets... and for that matter, sexing would be a very nice thing to determine in babies too. Mis-sexing can happen to anyone accidentally.
Cathy,

This is exactly what we are trying to do here. But unless we find an interest in the industry that justifies the involvement of a serious company it's not going to happen.

Regards.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:08 AM   #50
Chameleon Company
This does not give the appearance of being a near-term solution, but maybe in time. Seems cost-prohibitive in the foreseeable future, but I would thoroughly enjoy being wrong there.

Straying a bit off-topic, I did some reading. Lee Marvin as "Ballinger". TV show which ran from '57-60 (you were about six, and I five, when it ended). Chicago detective, and Paul Newman was his captain boss (imagine a TV show with those two before their tremendous movie careers). 100 episodes filmed. Not likely to happen, but I would find tremendous comfort in sending a Lee Marvin-type after some scammer who was selling normals as hets ! Of course, we do have Lucille with her skinning and tanning aspirations in Texas !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!