ANOUNCEMENT! New 2007 Policies! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #41
Chameleon Company
Dave,
Happy holidays ! Look, its hard to read your reply and not get a sense of some contempt from you towards some of the criticism levied at you. All understandable. I had some critical things to say myself. Regardless of whatever may or may not have truly motivated you, the following aspects/outcomes of your idea are worthy, to the extent that they would occur:

1) You sell more snakes and make more money.

2) Legitimate potential customers who could not afford to buy from you might now get a price break.

3) Any true sense of charity that you derive from this.

4) Any joy that you can impart to others because of this.

I would suggest, and only in my usual arrogant IMMHO, that your "announcement" here and in your website embraced far more than just the above, whether it was your intention or otherwise. The appearance was there for all of the things that you have been criticized for in posts here. Whether you meant to grandstand and toot your own horn or not doesn't matter. It sure came off that way. Whether you believed and/or truly hoped that you would be uplifting the less fortunate among us into the realms of successful reptile entrepreneur, you made it sound far simpler than most of us know that it is ..... not unlike a used car salesman trying to convince me "its just like a Cadillac". I think that most of us hope that your business thrives, genuinely and with all sincerity. But the idea, the plan, the sales pitch, and the expectations all need some tweaking. But do get rich young man.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #42
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by High End Herps Inc

I never asked for anyone's opinions. I made an announcement. A statement. Big difference. I guess some folks just like to interject their opinions into other peoples business. So be it. It's a free country last I checked. Knock yourselves out guys. Keep it at the top for me then I don't have to bump it back up.

Best of luck to y'all in your own business and breeding,
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
You posted your "announcement" in the Business Discussion Forum. The key there being discussion. This forum isn't a media outlet for your press releases. If you didn't want it discussed you shouldn't have posted it in a discussion forum.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #43
Griz
Just some more interesting reads that involved High End Herps. I will let you make the call on whether to become involved.

Bob Clarks Forum

50% off for WIC clients

Is the cage really that small?

It appears there are a LOT of unanswered questions here pertaining to High End Herps, the least of which is who are they really? Their identity is still very much an unknown.

Who do I forward my resume to again????

Griz

Old 12-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #44
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Just some more interesting reads that involved High End Herps. I will let you make the call on whether to become involved.

Bob Clarks Forum

50% off for WIC clients

Is the cage really that small?

It appears there are a LOT of unanswered questions here pertaining to High End Herps, the least of which is who are they really? Their identity is still very much an unknown.

Who do I forward my resume to again????

Griz
Every post from High End Herps screams desperation and "look at me". First it was his all out assault on the Ball market, then the Section 8 snake special and sprinkled in between are lots of things that make no sense or beg answers.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #45
High End Herps Inc
a little bump

*Bump!*

Old 01-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #46
HerpVenue
Bump?

What do you mean bump?

What everyone should be saying is..................
sniff sniff. I smell something fishy.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #47
HerpVenue
Quote:
We are currently consulting with a lawyer to determine the extent of the illegal nature of these posts and we are going to, if possible, pursue this in court to the fullest extent of the law. Ian Van Natter will be subpeonaed to face charges of libel in our home state
Thought he was just consulting with a lawyer?
all of a sudden charges appear and subpoenas appear.

sniff sniff............fishy

Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #48
joshdhensley
I see alot of bad feelings from alot of people on this. Maybe rightly so. But, I am middle class. Hell, I'm military (Marine Corps to be exact!) and it is taking me forever to be able to get a pair of het pieds BP's. I have several animals and anytime they need anyhing wether it is for housing, husbandry, or medical attention, they get it. So, with that said, just because someone can't drop several thousand dollars at one time on an animal, that doesn't mean that they can't spend a few hundred to care for it. Hell, it's the people that don't have alot of money that Really love what they got. Not to say that everyone else doens't, just that alot arn't really concerd about the loss that they may take financialy if something happens to one of their animals. Great job David and Tawni! Semper Fi!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #49
Cat_72
Josh, I think the greatest problem is the fact that they are using the "get rich quick" sales pitch....live animals of any sort are a risky investment at best, and they are targeting those who cannot afford to lose, even at half price.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #50
joshdhensley
ANYONE getting in to breeding anything to get rich has alot of dissapointment ahead!! Nothing is guaranteed ofcourse. But, if he is selling animals to people that want to have a great animal or "tinker" in breeding something high end just for the love of it (which is what I personally do), I see nothing wrong with that as long as that IS in fact his intention. Thanks for voicing without attacking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread