WANTED: Field collector in SoCal! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #4
RossCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post
Wow. I didn't know that. I guess that nixes that.

But then I have to ask, where do all these other people get coastals, deserts, lavendars, blue-eyed blondes, hypos, chocolates, stripes, wide stripes, bananas, Carlsbad and San Diego locales, etc? All the founding animals for these variations were captured in the wild. I know at least 2 people that have specific locales that no one else has, and neither live in California.
The way they do it legally is by getting a breeders permit so they can legally sell the offspring from their wild caught snakes. And just so that you know, the coastal variety is much more common than the desert variety because the coastal habitat is more favorable for CA kingsnakes. The desert phase blk & wht is more common in captivity because most people prefer blk & wht over yellow & brown. Look for a guy named Shannon Brown. He sells different locales of CA kingsnakes and might be able to help you if you are still looking.

Tags
california, coastal, collecting, kings, kingsnake