help dragons skin is coming off not a shed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
rebmassor
help dragons skin is coming off not a shed

I have a rescued dragon I got almost 2 weeks ago its in bad shape I got it its getting a little fatter but not much. the person said its over 2 years old and her son had it but didn't take care of it she got it out of his apt after he got put in jail. The skin is coming off at elbows, knees, and hip and front legs where it moves a lot and its white under it, its not a normal shed I know that. his spikes are very soft and not hard like my other dragon. I been giving kale, collard greens and spring mix and taking spinach out. And every other day dubia roaches with calcium d3 powder. There was a few times he threw it up after a hour or so, He's very dark and bad looking I feel bad for him. I spray him once a day and his basking areas at 95-97 and cool side is 78-80 and uva/uvb light, I do a 12 hour cycle and night time temps are around 75 I have a top of the line raytek temp gun to check temps on all my reptiles. Is his skin too dry or is it from poor care from other owner? I want to make him as happy as can be when I first got him they had him in a 20 h tank and barley moving and he will only eat smaller roaches too. They only fed him dried crickets and mealworm and greens a few times a month. What can I do to prevent his skin from falling off? Thanks

Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Ed Clark
What morph is it? if you are not sure post a pic.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
rebmassor
I ended up soaking him cause he was going crazy in water dish and peeling skin off of him he's very light colored I guess don't know what kind he is but know his new skin is almost white with yellow tones to it. I been slowly peeling skin off with tweezers and he's loving it the skin is so thick compered to my other dragon when he sheds. I hope he feels better now.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Ed Clark
So sad to see a dragon in this condition, it is sitting on deaths door. You have got to get it to a vet to start it on injectable fluids and possibly more. soaking every day will help, it will probably lower its head into the water and drink. do not peel the shed skin off,it will fall off when its time.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
Ed Clark
You should be feeding small amounts of food, you need to build it up slowly. if you try to fatten it up fast it will start regurging the food. at the vets they will do a fecal because it looks like there is parasite problems. dragons are very hardy and this 1 is worth treating and nursing back to good health.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Jant0718
Wow good luck with him I thought my recuses were in bad shape thats by far the worst dragon I have ever seen I hope all works out!!! Good luck you have a long road ahead of you but these lil guys are so worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
Magic
Update on this guy?? I'm really hoping for a "doing better" pic!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!