New patternless mutation with dark/partial dark eyes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
pdragon
New patternless mutation with dark/partial dark eyes

These guys are called "Zeros." I purchased a pair of these from a breeder here who decided to get out of high end dragons. He purchased them from a european breeder as babies back in december. These have no trans, hypo, witblits, or silverback influence. This looks to be a third patternless mutation.

Josh
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
pdragon
This is a pic of the female. Sorry for the dirty foot. I was feeding these guys hornworms, and they were flinging guts all over the place

Josh
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Jela's Phat Phibs
AMAZING as always Josh!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Sushi Dragons
Gorgeous dragons! I can't wait to see what comes of this project. I had to laugh at the hornworm guts though, I just literally scrubbed my leucistics for the same reason. Somehow they manage to make them explode everywhere.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
Uluru
Very Nice ! Cant wait to see what comes of this project !

Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
witblits
They are looking great! Must say they are definately better looking than what they were as youngsters. They seem to be completely patternless now. On the photos I have of those two one could clearly see that they did not hatch 100% patternless. Their 'shoulder pads' were dark coloured plus they had mottled backs. They have turned out exceptional! I would be very cautious of saying they dont have any traces of Witblits or Silverback in them as the person who 'bred' them hatched a clutch of eggs for a friend. This was the result. They have no history of the clutch. At least this is what I heard. It would be highly unlikely that they should have those genes and in my mind it is definately not Witblits related as they did not hatch 100% patternless. Hopefully this morph is compatible with one of the other patternless morphs. Even if not, then I am sure there are big things to come from them given they have dark eyes. I would love to mate one of them with my dark eyed Witblits. Best of luck with them Josh! You'll create magic from them.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
OEdwards
...amazing!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
pdragon
Thanks everyone!

Sushi-hahaha....they are so messy, I almost don't want to use them for feeders anymore. The next day when they come out is even worse.

Jaques- These pics are from 2-13. I need to take some new ones. These guys are so white. The male now is as white on top as his belly. These are definately not silverback. It can take silverbacks a year or more to make a full transformation, and you really don't notice a change until they are at least 4-5 months old(average). Also, normal silvers turn very dark, almost black before they start to turn silver, and they don't have dark/partial dark eyes. Are you sure zeros hatch normal? I have seen pics of them too as little babies. They were all patternless, just darker. I will attach a pic of one of these zeros at about 7-8 inches.

The dark eyes on your witblits may be an indication that the morph cannot produce color, because it's removing color from the eyes, similar to a true leucistic. I imagine these zeros are also similar.

Josh

Josh
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
pdragon
Thanks Jaques.... The male just started to breed. It will be a couple years before I will figure these guys out

Josh

Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
pdragon
Here is a pic of a future silverback.

Josh
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!