Florida Brown Banded Water Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Florida Brown Banded Water Snake

I photographed this fellow this past week inside my outdoor Tortoise pen.
There is a reasonably-sized creek running behind the backside of our home and we do occasionally get visitors. The various water turtles venture out to lay their eggs and the occasional snake will cruise through just to see what's going on.

This particular fellow was spotted within my tortoise pen and opted to hang around for a photo session. He/She (I did not detain the animal) allowed me to get reasonably close without exhibiting any type of threat display.

When I left him, he was crawling along side the tortoise house apparently looking for a quick meal or a place to bed down for the evening.

Enjoy the pictures...

Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
DavidButton
Nice pictures. That brings back so many memories from my youth in Fla. Those have got to be one of the stinkiest snakes on earth. And they can spray a stream of musk for at least 6 feet. But when I was a kid and saw a snake I didn't care what kind it was, or how it smelled for that matter, and I would catch it.

David

Old 06-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
snakehunter1
hi dave looking for herpers list of fla i am 1 of the few who breed watersnakes inc mangroves

Old 06-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
crazycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehunter1
hi dave looking for herpers list of fla i am 1 of the few who breed watersnakes inc mangroves
Where are you located in FL.? I hope to breed mangroves later on I have one CBB 04 Female Red phase mangrove and could always use fresh bloodlines.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!