Come and see me Sunday the 15th - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
TheKeeper
Come and see me Sunday the 15th

I am doing my first show of the summer on Sunday and I am nervous like always. I should change my site name to OCD Geckos, but I don't know if that would catch fire like The Gecko Basement has LOL.. Anyway, I love doing shows to meet and talk to people, but they make me nervous, transporting all those leos and such.. The show is in St. Robert, MO, there is a post in the event forum. I would love to see any of you guys/gals that just happen to be driving through the middle of nowhere on Sunday. When I feel that I am ready for it, volume wise, I would like to do bigger shows, but for now smaller local shows are just fine. I get really nervous till the show starts, then once a few people mingle by to talk I relax. Its not about how many I sell, I really don't have the numbers many here have, its about the fun and excitement of the hobby. So many people I have met at shows have stayed in touch via e-mail, I like that. Anyway, just wanted to ramble a little, I really would love to meet any of you in person...till then, Shalom.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
If I was close enough Id go Hope you have a good time and of coarse sell some leos!

Old 05-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
LadyGecko
MO might be a bit too far for me but I would like to try and make it to the East Peoria show when in June is that?
Sandy

Old 05-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Wilomn
Good luck and be sure to pass out flyers or something with your contact info on it that people can take home and use to contact you after the show.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
good luck...

... at the show! BTW, I like the name OCD Geckos!

Old 05-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
WizardLizards
I was very nervous for my first show. I was concerned that I was charging too much, that people might think my leos looked too thin (which they weren't), that I didn't bring enough animals to sell, and then that I brought too many.... Jitters and butterflies all week leading up to it.

Then the day of the show came, and I set up still nervous, and BAM, I made a sale within minutes from another vendor. Lifted my confidence a bunch, and I had a great day. I received compliments on how well my animals looked, and how great my prices were (in retrospect I could have charged more). All in all it was a success, and I worried for no reason. LOL now I just have to worry about if I will have enough animals to sell by the next show.....

Good luck, and if I was in the "show me state" I would attend!

Tony

Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #7
paulv
how do you

display your gecko's on a show, and how do you setup your stand?
I would like to get some ideas on how other people do it. Do you just use the deli tubs or is there other people with custom build display units.

Can we see some show stand pictures maybe?

thanks

paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!