Rack System Stinks! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2004, 09:22 AM   #11
USAGECKOS
I agree with Matt.....

I clean out my tubs at least once a week, I don't always wash then, but I at least take out the flooring (I use Paper) and rinse real good with hot water and then put in new paper. At least every 2 weeks I wash the tubs out good.

I have never had an smell problem by doing this.

Thanks

Old 08-31-2004, 01:27 PM   #12
Sand&SunReptile
A lot of replies to your smelly problem.
A lot of good ideas too mind you.
I'd have to agree, and say the best idea listed here is just using some good ole fashioned elbow grease, and clean em out weekly, or biweekly.
That always seems to work for cleaning out smells.
What kind of leo's do you all have? I have 1.0 Normal, and 0.1 Very high yellow/reduced pattern. Im hoping to add, and make a couple breeding groups once I have my rack systems coming in.
Right now, I will stick to my pair, as to not crowd them in their tank.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #13
ShannanD25
And here I thought I was the only one with a smelly poo Leo. Healthy as can be but man, does he stink. I just know I need to clean out his cage every chance I get.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:42 PM   #14
reflex21089
Thanks for all the ideas! I think i might have to resort to just cleaning fully every 2 weeks instead of once a month....i think this will all change in a few months when i build a rack of tanks like Hill has showed us all how to make (thanks for the instructions!) Mt mom complains that my tank doesnt smell but my rack does so she wants to buy all tanks and i think hills idea is much cheaper and far better looking. As for what kind of geckos i have i own.... 1.2.2 jungles, 1.0 tremper, 0.1 tang, 1.0 hypo yellow (sold as tang from garrick so im guessing it has tang genes), 1.0 patternless double het for RW albino, lastly 0.1 normal. And for Riverlop and your idea of drilling holes in the back of the rack, my whole rack is open in the back so the air flow is very good, i thin pieces of wood in the back to keep the bins from going to far back. thanks again for the replys everyone and what we all have come to the conclusion of is true some geckos just stink! haha... i think my worst smelling leo is my male jungle he smells quite bad and is completly healthy no negatives when i got his fecal done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!