SEARCHING FOR SD RETIC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
WILD BILL245
Angry SEARCHING FOR SD RETIC

I Am Interested In Getting A Super Dwarf Retic And Would Like To Know Where I Might Be Able One. I Never See Them Listed For Sale Anywhere.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:46 AM   #2
chrisis697
Contact Garrett Hartle, his business is Reach out Reptiles out of Pittsburgh. He is the real deal. Have to be careful wen it comes to SD relics, lots of uneducated ppl out there. Not only will you receive a great animal but he is full of a wealth of knowledge. He also has a great YouTube channel. Good luck in your search sir.

Chris
Bandspythons/facebook

Old 01-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
thesarge2014
I highly recommend Rodney Boalich out of Clearfield, PA. He is an extreme retic locale breeder and very knowledgeable. A good guy to deal with. He breeds true SD retics. I got a wonderful male Selayer Island retic form him 5 years ago that is a joy to keep. The Selayer retics are beautiful and have very calm temperaments usually. They are a dwarf and don't get all that much larger than the SD but with much calmer dispositions and tend not to be flighty. You can contact him at rodneynboalich@yahoo.com

Good luck with your search,
Bill

Old 02-04-2019, 12:42 AM   #4
Krj-2501
Well - Garrett Hartle has excellent knowledge on Dwarf/SD retics. He also has waiting lists for his pure SD retics, that are usually at least a 6+ months wait. I know that because I have asked him, and got on the list for his pure Kalatoas last Dec. He will on have a few clutch of pure Kalatoas for 2019. But he also will likely have quite a bit of high percentage(50-87.5%) SD crosses from good bloodlines. Still even with those you will need to get on a waiting list.

Also Samson Pruitt of Slither, Inc. presently has a couple of 2018 F1 pure Kayuadi males. At least he did as of this past weekend. He does a lot of reptile shows in the Southeast. And maybe going to the next Repticon in Atlanta. He also has some high percentage Sd(Kalatoa) crosses (50-75%).

Old 03-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
Serpent Mo
Just curious for an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD BILL245 View Post
I Am Interested In Getting A Super Dwarf Retic And Would Like To Know Where I Might Be Able One. I Never See Them Listed For Sale Anywhere.
Wild Bill, how'd this turn out? Did you ever get a hold of Garrett or Samson?

I picked up a little lady a couple of months ago that is, according to the seller, one of Slither Inc's productions, and she is absolutely fantastic. She's not a pure SD by any means, but if she's an indication of his other animals, I would jump at the chance to purchase more.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #6
WILD BILL245
thank you for all your replys and information you gave. i am going to the repticon reptile show in atlanta in april so i will check it out there to. two questions to all though. does an albino lavender sunfire retic keep it's pretty deep orange and white color when it gets older and is their much difference in temperment between males and females or is it between each one and how it's raised?

Old 03-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
WILD BILL245
OH!!! i haven't bought one yet but plan to get one. i guess the dwarfs and super dwarfs are a lot more in price than the pretty morps regular size ones i looked out on line.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #8
Serpent Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD BILL245 View Post
i guess the dwarfs and super dwarfs are a lot more in price than the pretty morps regular size ones i looked out on line.
Dwarf and SD does seem to be pretty hot right now. Plus, I think there's a sense of questioning the reputation of some vendors who claim to sell D or SD hybrids (with mainland), so the guys (and gals) who have really cemented themselves as honest players are in really high demand.

I think I paid about $100 more for mine, ostensibly 25% SD. I got her at a Repticon show and didn't pay the asking price, so consider that angle as well. Of course, you never know for sure how "dwarf" or "super dwarf" it really is, unless the seller/breeder has an outstanding reputation.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #9
Krj-2501
Generally speaking- you can expect to pay at least 50% more for a retic with 50% SD blood, than you will for a similar morph of pure mainland retic.

For example - if a pure mainland Albino, Tiger retic is sells for about $500. Then a 50% Kalatoa, Albino tiger retic should be at least $750.

And generally the greater the percentage of SD or dwarf blood is - the higher the price tag will be.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #10
WILD BILL245
well all that makes since. i never paid the asking price at the repticon show. got a baby burmese python, hypo green, 30% dwarf for 160.00. thought that was a good price. hope to get a nice retic or i would like an albino granite burmese which i thought was very pretty. is there a difference in temperment between male and females or the individual snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!