Info Warning against pacificballpythons - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 AM   #11
EmeraldBoid
The real sad thing is this guy did not even try hard with the add. You can easily notice that the snake is on newspaper then aspen all of a sudden.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #12
RyanT
He contacted me last week trying to talk me into shipping first on a trade with all kinds of standard scammer tricks. I highly doubt he is who he claims to be. He also uses some app that gave him a New Jersey phone number but he lives in Oregon, and I also just so happened to have been contacted from 3 different shady Oregon people about the same snake in a 2-week period. I strongly suspect his sinister intentions run far deeper than stolen pictures.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #13
iBaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
You certainly didn't allow much time for a response before posting. I agree that there is no acceptable reason for using another person's picture(s) in one's ad; but, arguably, the proper approach is to contact the offending party first.
Guessing that you sent a PM, did you notice that he hasn't been here since the evening before you reported his use of your image (meaning: he hasn't seen your message)?

FWIW, I suspect that his other ads also include stolen images...Unfortunately, I haven't been as successful in locating them. (Yours was posted on another site in 2013.) My preference would be to allow him the opportunity to correct this himself. Failing that, I will remove your image from his ad.
If he does reply to your message, please update this thread with his response.
I likely would have posted this anyway. Using someone's picture to sell your own snake just smells sketchy, and it's not a bad guy thread...just an info thread. But thanks for taking action if he refuses to. Do you know where my picture was used else where? It's crazy...it's not even that great of a picture, and she's easy to spot because she has gold eyes (which is very uncommon).

Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #14
hhmoore
B-P.net - posted 5/22/13 by iPanda

Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
iBaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
B-P.net - posted 5/22/13 by iPanda
Yeah, that's me, so all is well with that one. I thought you meant in another classifieds ad xD

Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
iBaman
He FINALLY took it down. Still wouldn't buy anything from this guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!