Did I hit the Triple??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Dale Porcher DVM
Did I hit the Triple???

Early 2011 I purchased a proven Sulfur Mojave male from David Reid in California. Best breeder male I've ever had. Thanks David again for this male.The first clutch from him hatched out yesterday bred to a Bell line Pastel female. I hatched 1.1 Sulfur ( Het Black Eyed Lucy)Mojaves and 1 unsexed normal out of the ugliest, moldiest boob egg that you ever saw and then .2 not sure about??

I'm hoping, thinking that .1 maybe a Pastave and the other maybe the Pastel Sulfur Mojave?? This is my first clutch with the Sulfur/ fire gene so not sure. Really not sure whether all 4 are even Mojaves but I think so/ How about some help Pics were taken outside today with no flash, point and shoot camera. Thanks, Dale Porcher DVM
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Ronda63
I don't know anything about the sulfur mojave, but you sure do have a gorgeous clutch there!! Congrats.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
snakesRkewl
Honestly they would have been easier to tell with flash, but I think I see...

Middle pic
Top row Left to Right ~ Pastave, Sulfer mojo, Normal
bottom row Left to Right ~ Sulfer pastel, Sulfer Pastel Mojo

Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
dustinNMpythons
I would say top two are sulfer mojos

The bottom one on left is either pastave or sulfer pastel and the one on right looks to be a triple. Better pics are needed with a flash to help identify like Jerry said.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Dale Porcher DVM
Another pic in the sun light

Here is another picture in brighter sun light.Thanks for the input.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
LadyOhh
I don't see it yet, personally, but I would like to reserve judgement until they shed

Congrats on a gorgeous clutch!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
dustinNMpythons
I just realized that it would be the equivalent of the firefly mojave so no I don't think you hit it after all either unless the sulfer reacts a whole lot different than the fire. Here's the fire version off of WOBP.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
dustinNMpythons
The best person to ask would be David Reid since he has a lot of experience with the sulfer and is after all the one who proved out that line.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
GreenCountryHerp
Looks like they could be pastel sulfurs to me, but thats just my guess.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Dale Porcher DVM
David Reid

I received an email from David Reid and he thinks that after shedding it will be easier to tell but he thinks from the pics that I have 2 Sulfur Mojaves, a Sulfur Pastel and maybe a Sulfur Pastel Mojave??? I agree that the pic from World of Ball Pythons looks nothing like any of mine. To me the one pictured in the WBP looks like a Fire Mojave Bee?? I'll post post shed pics and hopefully it will be easier to tell what the heck that at least the two are. Thanks again for the input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!