Sleep Paralysis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
JColt
Sleep Paralysis

Info
https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorder...ep-paralysis#1

Have any of you had this before? I have had 3 or 4 in my lifetime but last night's was the worst ever. I literally thought my heart was going to come out of my chest.

I awake in my bedroom. I can see a light is on downstairs faintly from upstairs hall. I hear a crash sound like breaking glass. I hear my dog yelp then my wife screaming, Joe! Oh god, please help.

My legs won't move then my chest get's heavy. There is something on me and it's black with lots of hair. I cannot really see it. It says in a real low voice, no, no, no.

I then sit up and dog and wife are right there. I swear to god this seemed 100% real. My heart was jack hammering and I was gulping air like I hadn't taken a breath in awhile.

I got up. Pretty shaky. Went to bathroom. My Himalayan cat rubbed my leg and I almost pissed all over her, lol.

Took me a good hour to fall back asleep and any little noise had me eye balling the area it came from.

How about you?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
WebSlave
Never had anything like that myself that I can recall. But sounds pretty darn terrifying to experience.

Sounds to me (in my unprofessional opinion) that your mind made up a nightmare to try to explain the sleep paralysis you were experiencing.

I've often noticed that if there are loud noises, like very loud sonic booms, an electrical generator exploding, or something like that, while asleep, my dreams will often weave them into the dream itself. Some actually seem to be predictive in nature, as it is uncanny how the dream will actually put pieces in place where the dream explanation of the noise rolls right into place, and flows into the existing narrative instead of just flashing into place. But honestly, I don't find it easy to remember my dreams as easily as I could do while I was younger, so I don't remember this happening recently.

The brain is certainly a weird creature. I've often thought that our brains are far too complex for our brains to ever fully understand.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
JColt
Yes the brain is a weird creature! Back in late 60's or early 70's I had a dream I was walking through as long tunnel. At the end of the tunnel i see an old black man sweeping the street. He sees me and points to a Ferris wheel and says, 2 young people fell last night and died. The next day on the news there were 2 people who died from falling off Ferris wheel! I was young kid and didn't occur to me that my radio probably broke that news while I was asleep. Pretty spooky for a ten year old,lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!