Piranhahouse.com in Canada - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® All messages posted here must conform to a basic rule of good taste and moderately good sense. On 02-02-2020 this BOI will be deleted.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
DragonCharm
Piranhahouse.com in Canada

Back story-
I own an aquatics forum and we've recently picked up a new seller to the site. A day after he was added I got a PM telling me that the guy sent a $1650 payment to this guy and a month a half later no fish. He got the seller to send a refund payment to him, the refund was in the form of an e-check. As you know e-checks take days to clear and the seller cancelled payment before it cleared leaving the buyer high and dry. I've sent the seller an email looking for his side of the story, hopefully we can clear this up without incident. If not he'll be banned from my site and his merchant forum removed, since I am not charging him a dime to sell there I don't care if I lose him as a seller. I will also help the buyer with whatever info I can provide him to get his money back. Now, here's where the guy will really screw himself......he's in Canada and the buyer is in the US. If fraud is proved it's now international wire fraud, a serious crime that can warrant some jailtime. Hopefully the seller will comply and this guy will get his money back.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
DragonCharm
Btw, anyone have a similar incident with this seller?

Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
DragonCharm
Almost 2 weeks later and no refund recieved yet......buyer beware.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
DragonCharm
Definite don't buy from.......

Apparantly the company is under new ownership, the new owners are known scammers and have scammed a bunch of customers and importers. The old owner finally refunded the above person after a few months but it was fought for tooth and nail. The new owners are a definite buyer (or seller) beware. Full details here: http://aquaticpredators.com/forums/i...howtopic=17787

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!