Eastern DiamondBack Rattlesnake's - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #91
TOsage
Free handling hots

Barry, you seem to be very impressed with yourself. I've free handled venomous snakes myself but I'm not proud of it. I was immature, inexperienced, irresponsible and impulsive. I was not brave, bold, or courageous and my balls weren't nearly the size they are now. I'll give you the daredevil and adrenaline junkie titles if you want them since my friends who laid claim to those titles prior and now deceased. It's a numbers game my friend, anyone can handle venomous snakes and not get bit most of the time. I suppose you think there's no reason to wear a seat-belt either as long as you're a good driver.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #92
TOsage
There is not 1 good reason to free handle a venomous snake and it's irresponsible to give the impression that this is a noble/brave thing to do. I love snakes, I love handling snakes, I have many venomous and nonvenomous snakes. There is nothing different or exciting about handling a venomous snake versus a non venomous snake other than the incurred risk. If you get off on dancing with death more power to you but please keep it to yourself. Young people can be impressionable and as dumb as it sounds the possibility of someone wanting to cool like Barry exists as long as threads like this are made. Please be a responsible member of the hot community and stop promoting the dangerous practice of free handling venomous snakes, very simply it's a stupid thing to do. See Jamie Coots if you need proof.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #93
54bogger
As I said in my Gaboon viper thread to you......

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #94
54bogger

Old 12-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #95
TOsage
That's if you make it until Christmas Barry. Nothing personal but it would be in the best interest of the hobby if you get bit sooner than later and this behavior is seen for exactly what it is - idiotic

Old 12-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #96
hhmoore
While I understand the point you were making, Tony, I believe it could have been made without basically saying you hope he gets bitten. There's no need to wish him ill, simply because he has a different philosophy.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #97
54bogger
It's O.K, I've heard that before. But you see I have been bit before by a Canebrake rattler.

HH-Moore, Merry Christmas to you to.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #98
TOsage
A canebrake rattlesnake bit you, that's ridiculous. Timbers only bite if they're really being petered and they are usually dry bites. If it did envenomate you the response to the next bite will be worse and likely result in your death. These posts will end eventually, I can wait and add my comments at that time. I tried to warn Barry but he wouldn't listen to reason.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #99
TOsage
A canebrake rattlesnake bit you, that's ridiculous. Timbers only bite if they're really being petered and they are usually dry bites. If it did envenomate you the response to the next bite will be worse and likely result in your death. These posts will end eventually, I can wait and add my comments at that time. I tried to warn Barry but he wouldn't listen to reason.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #100
54bogger
You sir are an $#@, I have no reason to lie about being bitten in dec.1984. I may get bitten AGAIN today but unless it ends in my death I'll continue on.
Thanks again for your great concern.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!