Anthony Caponetto...ACREPTILES? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
jmkhet
Anthony Caponetto...ACREPTILES?

Hello all....well i was just curious if anyone dealt with Anthony Caponetto before?Ive been talking(via e-mail) with him for about a week or so and i decided on a gecko i wanted to purchase from him.He gave me a good price and was willing to hold it for me until i sent a payment.Well he never updated his site and someone bought the gecko i wanted as well as 2 others.He e-mailed me apologizing and gave me a hell of a deal on two equaly nice looking geckos for the same price as the one that i originally wanted which was 155 dollars shipped.Anthony stated that he wouldnt be able to ship out the cresteds the 11th of Oct. because he was leaving the Fri. before to go to the Chicago show and wasnt returning till Mon. am. So i sent him an e-mail stating i would send out the full payment Fri. the 11th next day air so it would for sure be there when he got back.Shipping is supposed to be Tues. the 12th for delivery to my place the 13th.I contacted u.p.s and the money order was recieved....its just weird that he hasnt e-mailed me stating that he got my money order.Has anyone dealt with this guy because i never have, and the deal he gave me almost sounded too good too be true at the time and man i really hope it wasnt.Just getting nervous like i always do before getting something delivered from an unknown breeder. Anyone got any info? Thanks so much in advance !!!

Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
hgrands2
Anthony

I know Anthony. He is a good guy. He will deliver on his word. As I haven't bought anything from Anthony, but know many have. Go with him. It's worth it. If you want, you can mention me. My name is Branden. I have dealt with a mutual friend, Gary Quirk many times. Hope everything goes well.
Branden

Old 10-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
meking
He's a professional!!

I've bought from Anthony recently. The man is a professional. Wished there were more like him in this business. You have nothing to worry about. He'll get back to you.

Old 10-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Spitfire
I am on the phone with Anthony as I type and he's driving back from Chicago right now. So that's why you haven't heard from him. He was delayed in leaving by a day.
Everything will be fine.

-Yasser

Old 10-11-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
jmkhet
Hey thanks for the insight...i hope he can get back in time to deliver tomorrow for Wed. delivery itll really suck to have to take another day off work to aquire these geckos. Thanks

Old 10-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #6
JeffG
I have heard nothing but extremely positive comments about Anthony. His animals are amazing, and he is known as a great guy.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
robin d.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=51002

i think this thread clearly shows just how "professional" he is,his over inflated ego and the fact he apparantly likes to threaten females with some form of blackmail and physical harm. I wouldn't buy a spect of dirt of the man

Old 10-11-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
Spitfire
There's always three sides to a story...your side, their side and the truth. Enough of that crap.

-Yasser

Old 10-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #9
robin d.
i can provide the truth, the emails and the call , you can hear him for yourself. thats all i am saying

Old 10-11-2004, 08:01 PM   #10
Spitfire
There's a reason why this topic went to "HELL". If you have more to say, perhaps it should continue there.

Regardless of what has been said and/or done and whether he's right, your right, or you guys are all wrong, I must say that as far as his business goes and the way he deals with his customers, I would put my own reputation on the line for his. He's been nothing but nice and honest in my experience over the last few years. No one said he ever went to etiquette school and at times, that may show. But it doesn't take way from what he provides to his customers.

-Yasser

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!