broadbanded/osage copperhead feeding problem? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
rsellers44
Unhappy broadbanded/osage copperhead feeding problem?

Hello, i recently acquired a very young broadband/ osage copperhead mix that has been refusing to eat for 2 months now. I bought him from a guy who had very little knowledge about him and said he was " eating great" clearly not the case. I have been assist feeding once every 3 days for 5 weeks now. I have heard that this can be caused by being wc, breeder told me he was cb, also by being transported they can have a lack of electrolytes, so with the pinky mouse everyday he also gets 1mg of pedialyte mixed 50/50 with water im not sure if this is enough or how long this should go on before he takes to eating on his own. Should probably mention theres no vet that will take reptiles, let alone venomous, within a hundred miles of my house, so im kinda on my own. Any helo would be appreciated as i hate doing this, im afraid of harming him. Also im adding, temp is 80 to 85 dogrees f in the day and 70 to 75 at night with a humidity ranging between 50 to 80 percent. Also ive tried live, he kills and doesnt eat, tried lizards, frogs, rat pups, and as with some rattlesnakes, hamsters. Thanks and sorry if i have trouble, im new to this site, thanks.