John Lewis/hisss_1 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:41 PM   #21
Podunk
A site for internet fraud

I found this site earlier for reporting internet fraud, http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. Now, it takes some time to complete all required information, but they are quite detailed. What they do is take all gathered information and pass it on to the proper authorities according to jurisdictions. I went through and reported our friend "John Lewis" earlier today, I think it took about 20 minutes all together. I'm passing it on because as of yet I haven't found the closest authorities to our dear friend "John". Once I find the closest authorities to "John" I will be repoting him to them and passing that site on to.

And there is more news, our dear friends at Reptibid have come across some breaking news. Yes, they say that "John" isn't in Kansas. I couldn't believe what they were saying, I thought I must be dreaming. Not in Kansas, then where would he be? I know, once their done interrogating Toto they will tell us the answer to that one. Way to go guys, keep up the good work. By 2005 you might even find out his name isn't "John".

Well, I'll be back when I have more.
Jeremiah "Podunk" Jaeger

Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 PM   #22
critical bill
Wow...

Podunk man.....you had me rolling!!! I know its a serious situation and what the dude did wasnt funny. But the way you just said that.......I almost shot hot coffee out of my nose!

Ahhhh, I guess it pays to have a sense of humor when dealing with crap like this. I hope this all works out for you guys and if there is anything I can do just let me know.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #23
stinkerbellsmom
another one scammed

AND THE SAGA CONTINUES. . .

My husband Todd posted a "listing" on Reptibid under the pythons section stating that Hisss and Treesboas are one and the same and goes on to tell about so many people getting scammed. So far, that has elicited a response from yet another person. I don't know the person's name - we're hoping he/she will look at the site again, as Todd posted a reply to him/her on Reptibid and asked this person to e-mail us. The Reptibid member is othreptiles33 and says they were scammed for $184.

Not that it is going to do any good, but we sent a request for money to "John" through Paypal today and told him to make it easy on himself and just refund us the money he fraudulently took from us. Not that I expect it to do any good, but I thought that maybe Paypal is watching the activity on this account at this time and see what we did. Like I said, not that I expect it to do any good, but, hey, gotta try!

We did file a complaint with the IFCCC and with Paypal, along with the information we already submitted to the Wichita PD.

I just wonder how many other people out there have been scammed and just how much money this is all going to add up to in the end.

AND THE SAGA CONTINUES. . .

Old 10-22-2004, 09:16 AM   #24
Podunk
A little more info...........

Well, after a little more research I just came across the phone number and address for the Sheriff's department in Dear old "Johns" neighborhood. The number is for the County sheriff's department, I guess "John" lives in a podunk town not big enough for their own police department. I'm not really sure if I want to post it as of yet though, for the same reasons his address isn't posted. I honestly don't think this individual is a flight risk, but you never know. if anyone would like the phone number just contact me at PodunksPets@aol.com, or leave your e-mail here and I'll send it to you.

I hate to say it but at the moment I'm unable to call. I have no long distance and have to go get a phone card. God, I wish more of these podunk towns would get on the information highway. Anyway I will be contacting them as soon as I can, and I urge everyone else to do the same.

Watch out "John", were getting closer. You better get out your handbook on "Waco" style holdouts because your going to be getting company real soon.

Jeremiah "Podunk" Jaeger

Old 10-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #25
stinkerbellsmom
Pics of the scammed

everyone that has been screwed over by HISSS or TREEBOAS, please send a pic of yourself to toddhatfield69@msn.com. im going to paste all of the pics together and send it to the son of a b*tch. kinda put a face with the names he screwed over. let him know we've banned together, and we will get. after getting the pics, i want to see the son of a b*tches face when i pull int o his driveway. after this happens ill make sure i post before and after pics of Mr. HISSS. BETTER BELIEVE IT, IM COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AND ILL FOLLOW YOU, HIDE AND YOUR A SITTING DUCK !!!

Old 10-22-2004, 09:29 PM   #26
critical bill
Re: Pics of the scammed

I am all for you bringing this guy down. But I must tell you that making or even insinuating terroristic threats is not in your best interest. Even though he may be a crook he still has rights. Sad as that may be. I am just recommending, dont let your anger get the best of you so he can use it to flip the tables on you. I know your mad and need to vent, I just dont think its wise to give this crook an ounce of leverage to hurt you again.

Quote:
Originally posted by stinkerbellsmom
after this happens ill make sure i post before and after pics of Mr. HISSS. BETTER BELIEVE IT, IM COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AND ILL FOLLOW YOU, HIDE AND YOUR A SITTING DUCK !!!

Old 10-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #27
stinkerbellsmom
John Lewis

First, let me just say that the last post under my ID was not from me, it was from my husband. He saw Fauna was still up on the computer, not realizing it was still logged in under my ID, so I apologize for the posting.

To say that we are frustrated is an understatement, for various reasons. Since I was 20 years old, I worked for the same claims office, and I was recently laid off after working there for 14 years. This creep scammed us for $435, so now we are out that money, we have the issue of customers that were expecting the snakes that "John" didn't deliver, and a 3 year old with Christmas coming up. So, like I said, we are just a bit frustrated. Todd takes his snake business very seriously and I'm sure he's a bit embarrassed to have to back up and tell customers that they aren't going to get the snakes they were expecting, on top of having to admitted that he was scammed.

If it is true that "John" is using a cousin's Paypal address and e-mail address, and using this same cousin's home address for shipping purposes, I'm hoping that maybe his family will get tired of the constant barrage of e-mails and phone calls that they are getting and turn him in.

Let's all keep each other updated as we find out more. There are even more people coming out of the woodwork that were scammed. We got an e-mail last night from another Reptibid member who was scammed for $380 and another for $180 some dollars.

Old 10-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #28
Podunk
Angie if your still on can you IM me at PodinksPets. I have some information I would like to pass on, and keep off of the forums for now.

Jeremiah "Podunk" Jaeger

Old 10-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #29
Podunk
Attention all John Lewis fans

Quote:
Originally posted by Podunk

Now I want to post a little info and see if I have everybody accounted for.
Jeremiah = $134.99
P. Jones = $65
R. Green = $204.99
Kourtney = $109.99
Angie & Todd = $435
Dr. Kydonieus = $200

All for a grand Total of =1,149.97

I have been in contact with John's cousin Eric Hill. He informs me that John Lewis is indeed this individuals name and the last he knew he was living in Wichita. Now, we all know that John is not in Wichita anymore, at least not at the address we had. So John is missing in action, even for family members.

Eric Hill has informed me that he is going to pay back each and every one of us though. Unfortunately he has no choice, you see the Paypal account and cell number both belonged to Eric. Therefore if John is not found Eric will be the one who is taken down for these crimes. Talk about a love for family. Eric has stated that if I supply him with all the names and e-mails of those ripped off by John he will contact them and do what he can to get us all payed off as soon as he can.

So if anyone has a problem with me suppling Eric with their names and contact information please let me know. Also, if I have missed anyone please contact me as soon as you can. My e-mail is PodunksPets@aol.com, and I have no problem with anyone passing that on if they know of other victims of John Lewis. As soon as I hear from everyone on the above list I will contact Eric again and supply him with everyones info.

Hopefully we will put this behind us all soon enough.

Jeremiah "Podunk" Jaeger

Old 10-26-2004, 10:13 AM   #30
Scubaqueen
I don't have a problem with that, but it does sound a little leery to me.

I talked to paypal yesterday, and their investigating was almost pointless, b/c they can't recover funds. They can just rule in your favor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!