Bad Guy Barry @ Blood Bank - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
Redfeet
Exclamation Barry @ Blood Bank

I was a bit hesitant to post this because I was at first angered at Barry and the transaction between us. Until I spoke to a few people over the course of the week and heard the stories about barry and his customer service / attitude.

I have copied and pasted the original emails from the transaction between him and I for your reference and own oppinion.

Basically Barry is a liar and bad businessman. I purchased 10 hypo beardeds from him that were supposed to be 4 weeks old and 4.5 inches long. On the morning they were supposed to have been shipped i get an email saying they didnt go out and they will be shipped tomorrow. This email also stated it was the breeders information and that there was a problem. I returned an email asking the situation and who I was actually dealing with now knowing for the first time that barry wasnt anything more than a salesman or??? for Blood Bank. Well to cut it short he never answered. The next day i finally got an email with fedex tracking info around 3:40 pm. I then sent another email and no response. The shipment was packed horribly in a very tiny box and at this point I decided I was going to cut my losses. Now refer back to the emails i pasted below but sadly I log on to Fauna to see these dragons listed at a lower price after he could not lower the price even if I purchased all 40 remaining. He also made promisses of refunds but none ever came. I hope dearly that the people that have told me stories of their dealings will come forward and expose this lying theif.

EMAILS ARE FROM FINISH TO START> I am compiling the full set.....

lol!

Barry
barry@bloodbankdragons.com

www.bloodbankdragons.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Hypos
Date: Fri, May 01, 2009 8:15 pm
To: "barry@bloodbankdragons.com " <barry@bloodbankdragons.com>

Forget what? Get a real job. I have every right to be an ass in this matter I hope steven or whoever owns blood bank knows what a jack off of a salesman he has. PS tell your wife she can suck my ....! Hope to see you at a show someday... Well do lunch. Nice getting fucked by you. Sent from my HTC Diamond Pro

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 5/2/2009 2:34:06 AM
To: PAUL MILLER
forget it Paul....we'll probably send you a $40 refund for the one..but good luck dealing with other breeders, my wife said you were an ass from the start. I should have listened.

If you keep on with your attitude your not going to have good luck with getting any healthy beardies from anyone

Barry

www.bloodbankdragons.com

Date: Fri, May 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Like I said do what you can I don't have time for this. Your not going to sway me. Im positive those beardeds where among the remaing 40 you were selling to me 3 days ago. Now there not as good? Please spare me the salesman tactics. Sent from my HTC Diamond Pro

Sent: 5/2/2009 2:08:15 AM
im going to have to talk to steve. like i said he calls the shots.
all the stuff that happened with your order though...........doesnt seem that bad. you got the dragons just one day later than you wanted them. and we definitely guarantee the dragons.
was it the difference in price that you saw? The $40 dragons were better than the last 25 we have for sure.

calling steven

Barry

www.bloodbankdragons.com

Date: Fri, May 01, 2009 6:27 pm

How about the 40 for him and 5 off the rest as the are only 35 now. I do apologize for my email but this has been a bad ordeal to say the least. Its unfortunate because they are a good quality hypo and I was hoping to do some more business with you but I didn't even get a reply to the email prior to the one I cussed you in tonight. Also I tried to purchase from you before with no success I guess ill take it as a lesson learned. Whatever you can do please just follow thru promptly. Sent from my HTC Diamond Pro

Sent: 5/2/2009 1:00:24 AM
Im at the mercy of the breeder. if he's says $40 i have to say $40. when he decides to drop the price HE decides.
if you think one is in bad shape....we can give you your money back for him.....if you want to send them all back then we will give your money back for all.

i said accusatory because you have NEVER done business with us before but you decided to try and cuss me out over an EMAIL rather than trying to fix the problem.

Barry

www.bloodbankdragons.com

Date: Fri, May 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Accusatory? Try factual. I don't know what can be done that was pretty shitty. I tried to buy the rest of the lot to avoid exactly this. You told me you couldn't go any lower on the price even if I took the remaining 40. What can you do? Also the ones I got were out of the bag loose in the box being steam rolled and beatin by a rolled up heat pack and 1 will probably die for sure. He is in bad shape. Sent from my HTC Diamond Pro

Sent: 5/2/2009 12:35:01 AM
To: Paul E. Miller Jr
pretty accusatory!? what do you think we should do?

Barry

www.bloodbankdragons.com

Subject: Hypos
Date: Fri, May 01, 2009 4:24 pm
To: <barry@bloodbankdragons.com>

Dude you are an asshole. I just bought some of those and not only did I get a delayed shipment they were packed like shit and one of them will probably die. I see you lower the prices today! Im going to blast you all over the BOI.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
irishanaconda
hey

i have delt with steven before and bought a bearded dragon. he seems to be a good guy and even when my beardie passed away 1 year later i called him up and talked to him about it and not only was he nice i paid for shipping and he mailed me another hypo trans, even after a year had passed. try to talk to steven and see what he can do. i would def still do buisness with him in the future as far as what happend to u im sorry and i hope things get settled out

Old 05-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Junkyard
I sent Barry a link to this thread.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
nick_c
I have not ever been dissatisfied with Bloodbank or Barry himself. In fact I find him and his wife to be extremely helpful and very friendly. I have not only ordered dragons and received them on time in fantastic health, but had a few complications on my end and received nothing but patience from the both of them. I will always recommend a successful company with EXCELLENT customer service and outstanding quality animals. Bloodbank was and still is my top go to spot for the highest top notch dragons.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
ageber
wow, its hard for me to imagine reading these emails that anyone might respond in a positive way to the verbal abuse and downright nastiness toward someones wife. I can't say that i know all the facts of your complaint but i am doing business with barry and Kisa, his wife, and they have been great to do business with so far.

Businesses have sales all the time and discount typically the day after someone has bought the item. Its just the nature of retail and wholesale sales. As for a sick animal, I did not remember reading in the emails posted where they said too bad. it seems like maybe they were not given the opportunity to even address the problems as the emails posted show don't discuss a problem but rather a verbal personal attack. Apparently Barry took a different approach with you and blew it off as he did not really respond to the personal stuff and looks like he tried to just respond to the business issue.

You would think that with all the real problems in the world today, we might figure out as people, how to better communicate our issues and resolve them in a more productive manner. Seems in reading these again, he did ask you what you wanted to do, he offered to give a full refund and take them back and explained the difference in pricing to you as well. Seems pretty reputable to me.

If anything I will be willing to bet that you have just helped his business thru posting these emails.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
fearaffect
I've had nothing but good experiences with them...and you have over reacted big time.....like the other responses to this.....BB is a decent company and I'll continue doin business with them...

Old 05-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
bloodbankdragon
PS tell your wife she can suck my ....!

"PS tell your wife she can suck my ....!"

This statement voided Paul Miller's refund. Paul Miller's E-mail was blocked after we received it.

Barry's wife, Kisa, is a Christian who is 9 month pregnant. Paul Miller is a very angry man. I personally know 2 breeders people how want to fight him. Thanks for all the support from our customers.

Steven Barnes

Old 05-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
Gecko_Den
I don't know any of the parties involved; but if the original poster had sent me an e-mail like the one he opened up with in this thread I guarantee he would have never gotten a reply back.

The original poster screams of poor customer service; I think it was just a poor customer...

Old 05-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
joprukop22
I was satisfied...

I once called Barry, before I had ever done business with him, to ask advice and he was more than helpful. Because of his kindness, I decided to buy a 5 inch translucent. He answered all of my questions and made me feel confident that I was buying a high quality lizard. Several days later, my little baby arrived safe and sound. He was a healthy and active little guy. I am glad I purchased my baby from bloodbank dragons.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
shinezilla
Kisa (Barry's wife) is such a sweetheart and they seem like good people to do business with. I've got a couple of mine from Steve last year and it seems like the only difference is Kisa writes more than Steven's usual "give me a call!", one sentence reply. lol No offense Steven.
But Paul, no need to be so hasty, you made yourself seem like a complete tool telling Barry's wife to suck your dick. That's soo uncalled for. I bet Kisa wanted to kick you square in the nuts for that one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!