Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #41
Snake-Queen
Please post SS of the text messages.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
garsik
These are the text messages. Don't know why they needed them again, but I did send them.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #43
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by garsik View Post
No timelines were ever discussed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
By them OR you OR both?
So, who didn't 'give' timelines? Did 'you' fail to establish timelines when you dropped the snakes off?

Old 04-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #44
Lucille
I think the status of the snakes is a grey area. They were not abandoned but the OP did not want them at his house. They were unloaded by the OP for long enough so that their possession was no longer the risk to him that it obviously was at first.
Quote:
I did report to FWC that the animal is no longer in my inventory.
I would think because of the length of time involved, and because during that time the OP would not have wanted to reclaim the critters because FWC was lurking, that Underground has every right to send a bill even at this late date for boarding, especially after the OP agreed to pick the critter up and did not. I would think that being venomous, such a bill for several months would exceed the sum in question.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
His friend took back the other one.
Only 1 snake was sold, the OP's friend received the other, neither side is saying that there was a charge of any kind when it was picked up. I think the boarding fee solution is simple and each side gains something: Underground gets a boarding fee for months of boarding two venomous snakes, the OP gets the benefit of the boarding and does not get fined or otherwise receive unwanted action from the FWC. I think these gentlemen should call it a wash and go their separate ways.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #46
garsik
I passed FWC inspection with no problem. This is not an issue although Underground Reptiles wants to claim it is.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #47
Snake-Queen
Did you pass because those 2 snakes were not in your possession at the time of the inspection? Or did you pass inspection while in possession of the 2 snakes?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #48
garsik
I had them.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #49
garsik
No time limits where discussed by either side, ever. This was a nice looking animal and I assumed that maybe they intended to use it themselves in the retail store. A few weeks is not an outrageous period, give the circumstances and the information I had at the time. Only one week passed between agreeing to return the cobra and selling it, with no further conversations.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
A few weeks is not an outrageous period
That is your point of view, a seller caring for a venomous critter may think otherwise. And after you agreed to pick up, it would in my opinion certainly be appropriate to charge a venomous boarding fee. There are no set rules on fees, I would think a higher fee for venomous would be appropriate, and as I mentioned before, the bill may very well equal the sum in question here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!