Are you a LURKER? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #51
skylerw2003
im new to this site as well i havent met a rude person on here yet just alot of people that are trying to help others out its a great place to learn and to teach others about reptiles

Old 08-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #52
King of Snake
I've been lurking here for months. Unfortunately I've only been keeping for months and, while I'm a quick learner, I had the 'good' luck to land in the BOI first.

Watching some hugely experienced keepers, hobbyists and breeders post carefully researched and laid out posts and then more would come along and do the same, on opposite sides of the argument, scared the crap out of me to be honest. Posting there felt as appropriate as turning up at the Battle of Midway in a kayak armed with soft-furnishings and interior decoration tips.

I love how the BOI exposes liars, thieves and scammers for the scum they are but watching the execution of it unfold, sometimes over numerous pages, made me very wary of even dipping my toe in the water. I'm glad I did, though.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #53
dsirkle
I too have reptile experience that can be counted in months rather than years. I retired a year ago and keeping reptiles is something that I have started doing in this new phase of my life. Posting on forums is new to me as well and I havn't known quite how to proceed. I have done a lot of lurking and reading of old threads. I guess that it's time to come out and risk getting kicked in the teeth now and then.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #54
King of Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirkle
I too have reptile experience that can be counted in months rather than years. I retired a year ago and keeping reptiles is something that I have started doing in this new phase of my life. Posting on forums is new to me as well and I havn't known quite how to proceed. I have done a lot of lurking and reading of old threads. I guess that it's time to come out and risk getting kicked in the teeth now and then.
For me, deciding to register here and the anxiety I felt was more about how far I'd come in such a short space of time. I went from having no herps at all to having a near menagerie in a few months. I'm hugely lucky in the sense that the guy who owns my local reptile shop has also become a dear friend. I've also been introduced to a tightly knit orbit of fantastic people. Despite their various backgrounds they have two things in common; they're all fantastic people and they all love their animals dearly.

Fauna, as with my local forum seems to have the same mix of people. Owing to the greater numbers there's a slightly higher degree of anonymity granted to newbies and their visibility tends to relate entirely how much they post and what they say when they do. All I can say is I'm glad I did.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #55
brian abrams
I have 2 ball pythons: pastel male, spider female. My first 2 reptiles, since the beginning of September 2007

Old 02-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #56
anita lied
Why I don't (or should not) post on fauna.

I am mean ,rude and generally not nice.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #57
lilkeezy
When i first join and post few times i guess i got on the wrong side of people for my mistakes, Somethings with all what people was saying to me i felt like leaveing and not come back, But i got over it and just delt with it, I know some of you couldnt read my spelling but no one would read yours if your school had neglacted your education for many many years like my school did, middle school up to high school, Reason why im getting a little better with my spelling and grammer is because my parents teaching me what the school should of tought me in the first place.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #58
dsirkle
At the bottom of the page there is a little box marked "spell check". I use it whenever I remember to do so. When I was younger I could spell just fine but the older that I get, the more mistakes I make.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:12 AM   #59
kratos curtus
lurker is safer

I am a member of three forums including fauna. Yes it's only been months but at times reading old threads make sense to me when it comes to learning the basics. So here I am lurking.. lurking...

Also a spell checker is useless when you spell it right but used the wrong word. Like I used the word "thong" instead of "tong"...

Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #60
holtzinger76
I guess I"m a new lurker

I mainly view the classifieds and just got real interested in this sight since I got a few balls (almost sounds like I needed to grow a set) lol! I used to have balls then I met my wife (lol) and then we had a son and she asked me to give them away and I did!! I had to give in I guess she was afraid they would eat a 9lb 10oz baby boy (again lmfao) but the kids are bigger and here I go I think there were normal Albino and pied when I had mine I stumbled upon kingsnake and Fauna a few years back when my daughter was just born and wow was that alot of cool balls out there!! Then I knew what was coming right now I have six in my rack the kids and the wife love them and that's great well five are mine one needs to go back home sent to me by mistake awesome animal if I was a a shady lurker I would be keeping him (supposed to be a her) but got the right one and the gentleman really wants his male back and can't blame him awesome snake (Thanks Ed)! So I guess I'm a lurker just trying to pick up any and all info possible on these snakes, sellers, breeders, ect. because one day I hope to be able to produce something really cool and I have lots of thoughts in my mind or just have some awsome pets!! I love BALL PYTHONS and all the info I can pick up from the good the bad and the ugly on this sight is well needed? Thank you all for posting and I will try to post a little more and not just sneak in and out so much!! Besides I'm not very good at this posting stuff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!