tell me this is not... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Turtlesailor
tell me this is not...

tell me this is not shell rot ...i just hope this is shell scraping or mineral deposits...his shell fills hard and doesn't smell...
I was trying to catch, and i finally did catch this bugger! it took me a whole week to try to catch this. before catching him, his shell was fine, until the third day I notice his shell become like this! I was looking to trade him for a spotted turtle but before that i just want to be clear with myself...hopefully this is not shell rot.

maybe I shouldn't be so impatient with myself! i think it was from trying to catch him with a net but maybe he hit by the brick used for basking and scrape his shell

Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
cuoraJON
its mineral deposite from hard water or just shed... a little of both...,,,JON

Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
The_Interloper
Yep, looks like mineral deposits to me too. Maps are famous for having them.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
Turtlesailor
Oh I forgot to mention he is a texas cooter not texas map turtle

Old 04-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Turtlesailor
Oh, and if it's just mineral deposites...then...phew. At least it not shell rot...thank you guys for helping me out!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!