Question regarding cost - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
sleekstar
Question regarding cost

So today I was researching about shipping reptiles, as I have a few beardies that I'd like to try and move. I noticed that www.ShipYourReptiles.com seemed to be the best option for shipping reptiles, but when I did a sort of 'mock up' shipping quote, it came out to around $80 for shipping.
I tried a second time with a quote for a smaller box, but it still came up to $65 for a 5x5x5 box that weighs 2lbs (estimated, eh idk how much it would come up, this was my rough estimate).
My question is though, whenever I've bought dragons and bp's before the seller usually says it's $50 for shipping. Is there something I'm missing regarding to the cost on SYR or do sellers just pay the extra $15 or so out of pocket and just say it's $50 shipping?

Also, for those who use SYR, do you purchase the shipping kits first, get those shipped to you, then book your shipment?