how do i care for an eastern yellow bellied racer? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
samy109
how do i care for an eastern yellow bellied racer?

i recently caught a eastern yellow bellied racer and it VERY aggresive and about a foot more or less long and his head is about 1-2 or so centimeters wide but today i fed him about a 2 to 2 1\2 inches long gehcko and i was wondering if this was enough and if so, how long until i can handle him again and when do i need to feed him again and also what can i feed him plus what kind of aquarium would be good for him.

thanks in advance samy109

Old 05-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Tim Cole
They tend to not do well in captivity. They are rather high strung and need a lot of space. Don't expect it to calm down. Otherwise, caring for them is the same as any other colubrid. Adults usually do not feed on rodents (at least not the ones we have here in central Texas). They tend to be more prone to feeding on lizards.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
samy109
thanks but please awnser this "i was wondering if this was enough and if so, how long until i can handle him again and when do i need to feed him again and also what can i feed him" o and just today i fed him a huge gehcko and he ate the whole thing even though its bigger than his head but please awnser.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!