Why do people....... More..... - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #171
VipVenom
If you all are going to argue about evolution and creation neither can be proved 100%. So please be courteous of everyone’s views and beliefs. Anyways here is my two cents. I used to believe in creation since I grew up in a church going family. Right now I have my bachelors in biology and I have traveled to several different South American countries (Peru, Cuba, Costa Rica to name a few) and have seem extensive similarities/differences with many of the local wildlife that is here in the US.

I would have to say that I DO believe that things evolve. Seeing how similar yet different some of these animals are (not to mention what they look like after human intervention) further supports evolution. But keep in minds that that does not disprove those who believe in the creation theory. I do not know what started life but I find it hard to believe that life or any type of order came from an explosion. Remember that life gives life and I have never heard of a story of life coming from an inanimate object

Chris

Old 02-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #172
E2MacPets
Can't have it both ways Chris,

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.

Personally I think we are all just brains in specimen jars kept alive through artificial means and have probes implanted to keep us in a state of perpetual dreaming.

Try and disprove that.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #173
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Look at the mammals. the palatypus, if thats not a sign of evolution gone wrong i dont know what is.

Actually, that would not only be a sign that God exists, but that s/he has a sense of humour

Old 02-22-2005, 10:45 AM   #174
VipVenom
I think that both creation and evolution have their pros and cons. For you to say that things do not "evolve" or lets just say "change" is just ignorant. Animals divided by something as simple as a river or a canyon show a great deal of divesity over a period of time. There is scientific proof that things "change" when they are seperated by some geological barrier. Small animals tend to become large when stuck on an island (komodo dragon, galopagoes tortise, elephant bird). And large animals tend to become smaller (pygmy elephant, and that new pygmy "man" they have found). Things do change, humans now are much bigger than we were in only a few hundred years. Imagine what can change in a few million. All my point is, is that things change and if you breed leopard geckos you can see that everytime you selectivly breed them. All this is , is an accelerated natural "change".

Old 02-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #175
StinaUIUC
Quote:

To accept the christian origin of life mythos is to believe we were created in the forms we are currently. Intelligent creator, perfect being.... all that jazz.
Why is that?......people can't come up with their own beliefs?... lol There are plenty of people who believed God created the first life and everything has evolved from there. People can believe whatever the heck they want.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #176
VipVenom
This is not ment to attack you Steven. Just to be clear on that I am just stating what I have seen when it comes down to this touchy subject.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #177
Chris@TSE
I can believe I read most of this thread.........

Who do I have to sue to get back the past hour or so of my life????

Old 02-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #178
GeckoPalace
Quote:
I can believe I read most of this thread.........

Who do I have to sue to get back the past hour or so of my life????
Mabye Austin Stevens? You know, the "Snake Master". Just sue him so we don't have to watch anymore his garbage and we can watch something better.

Quote:

Why not? Thats just like saying saying your only allowed to have either ketchup or mustard on a hotdog, but not both... I am not a 100% evolutionist and i am also not 100% for creationism, im more of a "god made the universe and made life to some extent and it evoloved from there" kind of guy.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #179
StinaUIUC
Quote:
Mabye Austin Stevens? You know, the "Snake Master". Just sue him so we don't have to watch anymore his garbage and we can watch something better.
HAHAHA....he's so gonna get himself killed one of these days.... give me more "animal cop" shows.............. and some Jeff Corwin and I'd be happy hehe...

Old 02-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #180
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets

Personally I think we are all just brains in specimen jars kept alive through artificial means and have probes implanted to keep us in a state of perpetual dreaming.

Try and disprove that.
So, Steven, given the choice would you take the red pill or the blue one?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!