Inquiry: East Tennessee Reptile Rescue - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #41
Timotea
Well then I guess I better keep my mouth shut for I know how this is going to end.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #42
snakewrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare
I dont look for a profit, just as when i breed my animals I won't sell them for what they are worth, i think everyone should have a chance to own something they really want, even though they choose to spend there money on more important things.
Let me get this straight:

You are a rescue, but you breed your own animals. Then you sell them for less than market value.

Are you trying to offset the cost of running a rescue by lowballing the market?

Are you aware of the obvious conflict here? You advertise yourself as a reptile rescue while increasing the number of reptiles on the market.

What is going on here? What is really going on here?

Your opinion, that "everyone should have the chance to own something they really want" sounds a lot like High End Herps...

Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #43
Timotea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethsExotics
Your opinion, that "everyone should have the chance to own something they really want" sounds a lot like High End Herps...
Checkmate! I think you hit it right on the nail. That does like them dosn't it? If your going to breed why in the hell are you going to undercut everybody? That isn't right. Maybe somebody has some thinking/explaining to do? Man this will turn into a flamefest faster than a hobo on a hamburger

Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #44
mvite
To me --- this doesn't sound like a "rescue" either.

Think about it---I've never seen anyone from the SPCA rescuing dogs/cats and proclaiming "this thing is worth waaaaay more than the $75 adoption fee we are charging...."

How much something is worth---is usually worthless to someone who really wants to rescue living things.

Hire a lawyer---form an LLC like everyone else--and just shut up already. You sound like everyone else even though you don't realize it or think so.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #45
geckos70
When I think it is impossible, even more red flags go up. The plot thickens!
Michael

Old 07-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #46
MadMasterMax
I for one am just more than a bit heartbroken here. I'm not sure what to say or do. I got involved with this rescue because I wanted to help a friend out, but mostly because I love reptiles. I love animals in general, I don't think I can give every unwanted reptile a home, I don't think I can solve the problems of the world, I simply thought I could take in some of the breeds that other people might be uncomfortable with. I looked to see if east tn had an official rescue, they didnt... Sonnie told me she was trying to start one so I was all about it... that simple.... but I am at the point I am seriously considering asking that my name be disassociated with the rescue all togeather. I am passonate that I want to be a long term member of the reptile community and this whole issue is seeming to stain the reputation of those involved. Maybe rescue isn't the right place for me, maybe I should just adopt animals I feel I can help behind the scenes... I've just never in my life seen such an outpouring of venom and hate over TRYING to do something good.
I know some people are genuinely trying to help. I know that any new venture can use a lot of help from people who have been at it longer. If this whole fiasco hasent ruined my reputation allready I will need tons of help with the herp society. I would welcome a helping hand, but not so much the teeth and claws. Some people seem determined to see the worst. So intent on ripping anything new apart that it can't get a chance to grow. My reputation in the reptile community is important to me, and if I have done anything wrong I appologize. my intentions were good.... and I'm not leaving yet, but I am just sad that what I did as a nice gesture was met with such a flood of hate and contempt. I hope some people find this state of affairs as sad as I do.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
bobidiboo
You know what - the venomous people posting here don't deserve any explanation - you are head and shoulders above this whole forum. How many have contacted you privately to offer help, advise or encouragement? No they'd rather turn this forum into a Jerry Springer episode! I'm glad the thread will remain to show others what this forum is all about.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #48
reagorfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMasterMax
I for one am just more than a bit heartbroken here. I'm not sure what to say or do. I got involved with this rescue because I wanted to help a friend out, but mostly because I love reptiles. I love animals in general, I don't think I can give every unwanted reptile a home, I don't think I can solve the problems of the world, I simply thought I could take in some of the breeds that other people might be uncomfortable with. I looked to see if east tn had an official rescue, they didnt... Sonnie told me she was trying to start one so I was all about it... that simple.... but I am at the point I am seriously considering asking that my name be disassociated with the rescue all togeather. I am passonate that I want to be a long term member of the reptile community and this whole issue is seeming to stain the reputation of those involved. Maybe rescue isn't the right place for me, maybe I should just adopt animals I feel I can help behind the scenes... I've just never in my life seen such an outpouring of venom and hate over TRYING to do something good.
I know some people are genuinely trying to help. I know that any new venture can use a lot of help from people who have been at it longer. If this whole fiasco hasent ruined my reputation allready I will need tons of help with the herp society. I would welcome a helping hand, but not so much the teeth and claws. Some people seem determined to see the worst. So intent on ripping anything new apart that it can't get a chance to grow. My reputation in the reptile community is important to me, and if I have done anything wrong I appologize. my intentions were good.... and I'm not leaving yet, but I am just sad that what I did as a nice gesture was met with such a flood of hate and contempt. I hope some people find this state of affairs as sad as I do.
i am sure that if you distance yourself from the fake non-profit reptile rescue where the woman who runs it knows very little about keeping reptiles, than your reputation will be not be tarnished. just know who your working with and defending, that's all.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #49
SmokyMtnReptiles
bad idea

Another..."I will take all your unwanted reptiles" posted in one forum
and then, I have animals for sale in another.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #50
bobidiboo
I suppose no one on this forum enforces its own rules do they? I Quote from the forums own rules"This is NOT the place for flame wars of any kind. Statements, rebuttals and clarifications of FACTS are what we are looking for. Personal slurs or heated discusssions about someone's ancestry will not be tolerated. Please note that inflammatory, malicious, or derogatory statements in the topic line are not appropriate and will be edited or deleted as needed." Yeah right, What a farse this forum is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!