Inquiry www.reptilesplus.net - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
C.J. Vogler
www.reptilesplus.net

Has anyone done any buisness with this company? I don't have a name for the guy who runs it. I am trying to buy some baby female balls from them but now I can't get ahold of them. I am looking to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Uroboros
That's Victor Rivera.

He has some BOI threads already. I haven't been involved, but I would think long and hard on it first.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=victor

Old 06-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
C.J. Vogler
Victor

Well I just met him in person to buy three female baby balls. It was a bit shady cause we had to meet at the local wal-mart to make the transaction??? Anyways I got the females and it's probably a good thing I did cause they are all very wrinkled and just not real healthy looking. One even came in a deli cup with potting soil in it!!! I am not pleased with the quality of animals he is selling and will not be buying from him again. That sucks to cause he is so close to where I live I thought I was going to have a nice guy close by but I guess not.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
C.J. Vogler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
That's Victor Rivera.

He has some BOI threads already. I haven't been involved, but I would think long and hard on it first.

I'm still reading the first thread...... what a jerk!!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. Vogler View Post
Well I just met him in person to buy three female baby balls. It was a bit shady cause we had to meet at the local wal-mart to make the transaction??? Anyways I got the females and it's probably a good thing I did cause they are all very wrinkled and just not real healthy looking. One even came in a deli cup with potting soil in it!!! I am not pleased with the quality of animals he is selling and will not be buying from him again. That sucks to cause he is so close to where I live I thought I was going to have a nice guy close by but I guess not.
Yeah, pretty convenient with Vic so close by.

Out of curiosity, how much did Vic make by letting you "rescue" the ball pythons that he neglected?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
C.J. Vogler
$$$

Well the price was for healthy baby females so he got me for $60. I met him in the parking lot in the pooring rain and went to his car door and stood in the rain for a couple seconds giving the snakes a quick look over to make sure they weren't dead or something crazy and they were all moving so I took them to my car and inspected them for mites and ri's and all were clean but very skinny and wrinkled. I learned my lesson this time. DO THE RESEARCH CHRIS!!!! But thanks for the help. I will post some pics was they get a chance to settle into there quarantine tubs.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. Vogler View Post
Well the price was for healthy baby females so he got me for $60. I met him in the parking lot in the pooring rain and went to his car door and stood in the rain for a couple seconds giving the snakes a quick look over to make sure they weren't dead or something crazy and they were all moving so I took them to my car and inspected them for mites and ri's and all were clean but very skinny and wrinkled. I learned my lesson this time. DO THE RESEARCH CHRIS!!!! But thanks for the help. I will post some pics was they get a chance to settle into there quarantine tubs.
ROFL, I bark at myself all the time. Now if only I'd listen!

Well, $60 for all three isn't too bad.

GL with the little dude(ette)s.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
C.J. Vogler
pics

Here are pics of one of them. She was the smallest of the group and has had one pinkie already. She has plumped out a bit in the last 24 hours.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
brrrman
See you in February victor.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
Redfeet
I put in a couple calls about this guy and the response was a big negatory! When you need a week for someone to hold a 22 dollar check theres a serious problem Vic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!