Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #141
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
...But jealousy is a powerful motivator, evidently, when people regard the success of this site and resent the fact that they have not been able to do anything in their lives even remotely as motivational in ANY field of endeavor. The fact that I was one of the few people who had a very successful snake breeding business and was able to retire from the profits of it certainly rankles some people as well.
Sir, you forgot to mention 'Devastatingly Handsome' as well...

Old 06-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #142
deborahbroadus
We are ALL snide or snarky sometimes..what does that have to do with WS sending a link to answer a question?

I did not see "snide" or "snarky" in his reply. I have often said "The search button is your friend" and included a link when answering a question. I can honestly say that, to date, no one has taken offense or even been offended at the level I have read here...sigh.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #143
akonitony
Yeah, I don't think Mr. Matt is with us anymore. Me thinks he is among the land of the outcast. Forever to roam a desolate landscape proclaiming those forlorn words: "Unclean-unclean!", according to the law.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #144
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
Yeah, I don't think Mr. Matt is with us anymore. Me thinks he is among the land of the outcast. Forever to roam a desolate landscape proclaiming those forlorn words: "Unclean-unclean!", according to the law.
You are a mess!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #145
Slipmattic
This issue should not have been brought to the BOI, it's a waste of space....

Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #146
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
You are a mess!
Actually, I prefer the term 'snarkylicous' if I must be labeled...

But seriously, what kind of person starts a thread, then about the first page from what I read, just stops posting. Starts with an L, ends with an R...

My daddy always told me don't start something unless you intend to finish it. He also taught me an apology goes a long way, when it is sincere. Like I said earlier, Matt, you started this thread wanting public opinion of the situation, and according to the count, it looks like your opinion is in the vast minority. Not saying the majority always rules, but in this case, well, I am saying just that. You've got a lot of nerve opening up a bad-guy thread on the owner of this site, then not following through and knowing when to bow out, doing so graciously. Even if by some stretch of the imagination you could come up with a plausible defense, it would do you no good in this forum to embark on a summation when you have not defended your position now for so long. Just admit it buddy - you screwed up, ask for forgiveness, and take some lumps until your reputation hopefully improves in maybe two or three generations...
The alternative is do exactly what you are doing, and not say a thing - I've seen rats play that role when they were thrown into a big tub full of hungry savannah monitors. One would hug the wall of the tub and seemed to be saying "I am a piece of pinebark, I am a piece of pinebark", only to be eaten anyway. If you are going to go out, at least shoot the lizard a bird or something. Otherwise, try the apology approach. Trust me, crow is better served piping hot than cold as a leftover.

Here, I'll get you started where all you have to do is copy and paste:

Dear Webslave,
I don't know how it got to this point, but I sure wish it hadn't. I could go on about how unfair life has been to me at this point, how my dog got pregnant and miscarried, how my car threw a rod when I thought the 100k-mile service plan meant I didn't have to change oil for that long, but I won't. Just suffice it to say I screwed up. I don't know what I was thinking when I started this thread. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I think listening to Rob Zombi telling me 'There's only one way to bring the giant down' might have had something to do with it. Either that, or maybe I have a gas leak somewhere in the kitchen I don't know about. Anyway, please accept my most humble apology for calling you out, as it were, on your own forum. It will not happen again sir, at least not without you actually being very snarky indeed.
Best Regards,
Matthew Cossman

Old 06-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #147
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Actually, I prefer the term 'snarkylicous' if I must be labeled...

But seriously, what kind of person starts a thread, then about the first page from what I read, just stops posting. Starts with an L, ends with an R...

My daddy always told me don't start something unless you intend to finish it. He also taught me an apology goes a long way, when it is sincere. Like I said earlier, Matt, you started this thread wanting public opinion of the situation, and according to the count, it looks like your opinion is in the vast minority. Not saying the majority always rules, but in this case, well, I am saying just that. You've got a lot of nerve opening up a bad-guy thread on the owner of this site, then not following through and knowing when to bow out, doing so graciously. Even if by some stretch of the imagination you could come up with a plausible defense, it would do you no good in this forum to embark on a summation when you have not defended your position now for so long. Just admit it buddy - you screwed up, ask for forgiveness, and take some lumps until your reputation hopefully improves in maybe two or three generations...

The alternative is do exactly what you are doing, and not say a thing - I've seen rats play that role when they were thrown into a big tub full of hungry savannah monitors. One would hug the wall of the tub and seemed to be saying "I am a piece of pinebark, I am a piece of pinebark", only to be eaten anyway. If you are going to go out, at least shoot the lizard a bird or something. Otherwise, try the apology approach. Trust me, crow is better served piping hot than cold as a leftover.

Here, I'll get you started where all you have to do is copy and paste:

Dear Webslave,
I don't know how it got to this point, but I sure wish it hadn't. I could go on about how unfair life has been to me at this point, how my dog got pregnant and miscarried, how my car threw a rod when I thought the 100k-mile service plan meant I didn't have to change oil for that long, but I won't. Just suffice it to say I screwed up. I don't know what I was thinking when I started this thread. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I think listening to Rob Zombi telling me 'There's only one way to bring the giant down' might have had something to do with it. Either that, or maybe I have a gas leak somewhere in the kitchen I don't know about. Anyway, please accept my most humble apology for calling you out, as it were, on your own forum. It will not happen again sir, at least not without you actually being very snarky indeed.
Best Regards,
Matthew Cossman
BEST POST EVER!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #148
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
BEST POST EVER!
In the immortal words of Elvis: Thank-ya, thank-ya very much.

To cut and paste: Left-click the mouse button and drag cursor over sentences to be cut. Next, right-click mouse one time. From the drop-down menu, choose 'copy'. Next, click onto the reply window. Now right-click the mouse again, and from the drop-down menu choose 'paste'. Next, hit 'post reply', let simmer for about 15 minutes, and it should be group-hug time.
Come-on... you can do it...

Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #149
WebSlave
Quote:
My guess is that the guy is sulking somewhere thinking that he is absolutely in the right, and everyone here who agrees with me is simply a "Fauna Fan Boy (or girl)". That this is all a conspiratorial clique that closes ranks against any and all "outsiders".. Yeah, like THAT has never happened around here before...

Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #150
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
In the immortal words of Elvis: Thank-ya, thank-ya very much.

To cut and paste: Left-click the mouse button and drag cursor over sentences to be cut. Next, right-click mouse one time. From the drop-down menu, choose 'copy'. Next, click onto the reply window. Now right-click the mouse again, and from the drop-down menu choose 'paste'. Next, hit 'post reply', let simmer for about 15 minutes, and it should be group-hug time.
Come-on... you can do it...
You crack me up!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!