Eric Burruse (BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Gooseman
Eric Burruse (BAD GUY)

Howdy,

Well... I just took a gamble on kingsnake in dealing with an Eric Burruse and purchasing a young yellow ackie from him, and it didn't pay off well. On May 13 he posted an ad for some juvenile ackies in excellent condition for $250 +shipping. Being impatient, I took his offer rather than waiting for Proexotics to have more available. About 2 hours after the ad went up I messaged him with my intent to pick one up. The next morning (wednesday) he responds with a shipping quote of $70 and his paypal address and tells me he could have it out same day if payment was recieved soon enough. I sent the $320 (I may be wrong, but I believe $70 for shipping is a 'lil steep but I bit the bullet) soon after along with my shipping address and got a confirmation saying he'd have it in the mail same day. Now I understand things come up, so I was able to accept him not being able to get it out the same day he found a buyer, so no real biggy on that. Then we agreed to not ship thursday incase of a delay we didn't want the ackie waiting at an airport till monday. So shipping was promised for monday. Monday came and went with no ackie in the mail. Now... if shipping was say, $50-$60 I wouldn't have a problem with this again, but I feel I paid a bit of premium on shipping, so I kinda thought the extra effort would have been made. Well, he managed to get it out tuesday, however... turns out he has it shipped to my billing address from paypal, not the shipping address I noted on paypal, or the same address I asked him to ship it to via email. Thing is... I'm a college student and my billing address is my permanent home, and my place of living is several hours away. Luckily I noticed when I checked the tracking number sent to me around midnight that an error had been made, so I got in my car and drove so the ackie would not be delivered to an empty house as both of my parents would be out to work by 7 a.m.. Not to mention the "excellent condition" ackie, is missing all but 4 toes due to shedding problems, and the last 1.5 inches of the tail doesn't look like it will make it either for the same issues. I have attempted to contact him about these problems, havn't even asked for money back, but the last I've heard from him was the tracking number he sent me. Not the worst story out there about bad transactions, but something I wish I had known before. From now on I think I'll skip KS and stick to the breeders and still hope to get a red from proexotics when available.

Benjamin Benson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!