Any info on Mike West??? please advise! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Simply Scales
Any info on Mike West??? please advise!

Hello,
I have recently met Mike West and am considering doing a large level of business with him, but have not been able to find any credible references. Any advice?
I think his current business is called TMT Reptiles.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
Kathy

Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
houdini1
Hi,
Was going to do a deal with him on cages. I decided against it after talking with several others in the area.

I was supposed to trade off some geckos for cages, but the numbers didn't add up and I got a really bad gut feeling. He kept calling and calling, and told me he had a buyer for the geckos and wanted them immediately.

I did run into his Father Tim West at the Kootenai Fair. He was selling some reptiles there, and most of them weren't the greatest looking, and his prices were extremely high considering that. I realized after I got home that I should have taken pics, but didn't think about it.

Just my personal opinion, they sound great over the phone and talk a great deal. However things started to come out after talking to several others and reading about them here.

He also lives in Hayden, however all their contact info is out of WA.

Kristina Rogers

Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
connie
HI,
Just wanted to let everyone know, we had an experience with mike & tim west. Met them at the fair, then called them to set up an appt to meet, we ended up with some dragons, one died and we have another one that seems to be in bad shape, called mike said his dad was out of town on some personal business would contact us by tonight and when we tried to call them, both their spokane #'s have been disconnected. We were lucky we canceled our checks as we also had a bad gut feeling when they would not return our calls. hope this helps you out my opinion is to stay away from these two, not to impressed, im not to sure about where they live we got different stories, hayden, spokane, & chatteroy. So word to the wise people beware!!! If anyone has a better # or knows where they are please let us know
thanks
connie

Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
houdini1
Hi Connie,
Sorry to hear about your dragons. The ones I saw them with at the fair were bad, one of them appeared to either be severely impacted, or a broken back. It wasn't using its back legs.

I do have one number for them, from the business care Tim gave me.

I also found out that they were also at a food festival here in post falls, selling reptiles.

If you check the nickelsworth, and the exchange. Sometimes they have ads in those too with phone numbers.

Kristina Rogers

Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
houdini1
On another note. He may very well be at the Spokane County fair if its still going on. You could always pay him a visit and talk to him there.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
bow624
I HAVE NEVER READ SO MUCH J U N K ! I WAS AT BOTH OF THOSE SHOWS AND SAW THIER ANIMALS THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL ! S U P E R CONDITION AND SOME OF THE BEST GENETICS I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!!
COME ON TAKE CARE OF YOUR ANIMALS
AND QUIT BLAMING SOMEONE FOR YOUR OWN LACK OF CARE AND B A D ATTITUDE !!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
HyderHouseHerps
Uh...How did you SEE the genetics of his animals? Just sayin..

Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
bow624
I KNOW THE ANIMALS GENETIC BACKGROUNDS OF EACH AND THE GENERATION HE IS USING AND THE QUALITY OF THE ANIMAL
I WAS LOOKING AT . MAN SO MUCH BULL IT NEVER STOPS

Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
LauraB
And your name is really Jim Weed? No bull? LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!