Good Guy Retile Basics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
jben
Thumbs up Retile Basics

I just want to mention that on Monday morning i ordered a ranco and a couple of clip sets for my flexwatt and i received it early afternoon on Wednesday, talk about fast service. I will definetly order from them again.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
oli7a5
yeah Rich is a good business man and a real nice guy, he's hooked me up a lot. aside from their good customer service their racks are wonderful

Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
BPelizabeth
Reptile Basics

I just want to add to this thread. LOVE Reptile Basics. I have ordered a few times and have had nothing but amazing results and great quality. Rich even took the time to talk me through a few things prior to ordering our CB70 rack.

Really good company with quality merchandise!!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
StrictlyExotics
Reptile Basics

I am NOT bashing them as I will continue to buy from them. I DID have a problem with my first purchase with them. I bought a wired Ranco, about 40 hide boxes, 15ft of Heat tape and clipsets. My first purchase was almost 400.00.
When I received my items, it took about a month... The clipsets were ALL one side. The Ranco wouldnt even work. It wasnt even completely wired. I DID love their hide boxes though.

The Ranco, I ended up buying a new one since on their TOS its null and void if you buy a wired one at the time. I didnt take it up with them because I knew what I was buying based on their TOS. I ended up buying another one from another dealer was my way of dealing with it.
As for the Flexwatt and clipsets... I ended up going to Ken Foose of Exotic Pets in Vegas who sold me 25 matching sets and made ABSOLUTELY sure his employee got me the complete sets. It was local for me and I needed them immediately.

Their hide boxes, in my opinion, should be in EVERYONES aresenal for proper husbandry. Bar none, I have yet to see anything close for the price they offer theirs for.
Rich did talk to me personally to let me know what the holdup was on shipping so I have nothing to complain about there.

All in all, I will continue to buy from Reptile Basics Inc. I see them as a positive in our industry. I just make sure what I purchase I shouldnt have any issues with. I know that if I called and complained, Rich would more than likely have taken care of me. I was just frustrated having to wait so long for everything and then it seemed like nothing worked, except for the hides. I didnt want to wait any longer so I did what I needed to do.

RBI is a good company and I would NEVER say that they are bad or were bad in my transaction. I think it was just unfortunate that the Ranco I received did not work. As for the clips, its easy to make that mistake as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
I am NOT bashing them as I will continue to buy from them. I DID have a problem with my first purchase with them. I bought a wired Ranco, about 40 hide boxes, 15ft of Heat tape and clipsets. My first purchase was almost 400.00.
When I received my items, it took about a month... The clipsets were ALL one side. The Ranco wouldnt even work. It wasnt even completely wired. I DID love their hide boxes though.

The Ranco, I ended up buying a new one since on their TOS its null and void if you buy a wired one at the time. I didnt take it up with them because I knew what I was buying based on their TOS. I ended up buying another one from another dealer was my way of dealing with it.
As for the Flexwatt and clipsets... I ended up going to Ken Foose of Exotic Pets in Vegas who sold me 25 matching sets and made ABSOLUTELY sure his employee got me the complete sets. It was local for me and I needed them immediately.

Their hide boxes, in my opinion, should be in EVERYONES aresenal for proper husbandry. Bar none, I have yet to see anything close for the price they offer theirs for.
Rich did talk to me personally to let me know what the holdup was on shipping so I have nothing to complain about there.

All in all, I will continue to buy from Reptile Basics Inc. I see them as a positive in our industry. I just make sure what I purchase I shouldnt have any issues with. I know that if I called and complained, Rich would more than likely have taken care of me. I was just frustrated having to wait so long for everything and then it seemed like nothing worked, except for the hides. I didnt want to wait any longer so I did what I needed to do.

RBI is a good company and I would NEVER say that they are bad or were bad in my transaction. I think it was just unfortunate that the Ranco I received did not work. As for the clips, its easy to make that mistake as well.
Dean, I bet he would have if you asked as well. Regardless of TOS.

It has been a long time since I purchased anything from Rich (maybe a few years), but as I recall I never had a issue and everything still works.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
StrictlyExotics
Dennis,

I totally agree with you on that. I will still be a Reptile Basics customer as long as I am in need. He treated me fairly and with respect. Great customer service skills.
Its just the type of person that I am when I purchase something and I dont like it... I just buy it from someone else and give them a chance. I feel bad even posting here what might be construed as negative because I am not negative when it comes to RBI. I just chose a different route was all.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
h3llc4t
We love these guys. I agree with Dean, the hideboxes are excellent- sturdy, easy to clean, and completely reasonable in price. We've made several purchases over the last few years and everything has come in quickly and packed well. If there are any glitches, they're sure to take care of them right away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!