For Sale Venus Fly Trap seeds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades

Notices

Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:18 AM   #1
WebSlave
Venus Fly Trap seeds

The fly traps have been putting out a bunch of seeds and I've been harvesting them every couple of days now. But honestly, I don't think I want to set up any new ones this year to grow. So if anyone wants some, I'm just going to sell them cheap.

I have no idea what they are really worth, but I figure 10 for a dollar plus $5 for shipping. If someone wants them all just make me a reasonable offer. Obviously I'm not expecting to get rich selling these things. I just hate to waste them, but don't really need any more plants right now.

These are all fresh, just picked this month (June). I'll extend this offer up to the time my eyes go buggy counting them out, or sneeze and lose the whole bunch.

I have had excellent results with them taking root and becoming real plants. You just need to make up a mixture of damp (rain or distilled water only!) peat moss and sand, sprinkle the seeds on top. Keep them in a high humidity environment until they begin to sprout. Remember these are NOT tropical plants. They are found naturally near the North Carolina and South Carolina border near the coast, so treat them as you would expect plants to be treated from that area. Lots of direct sunlight and keep the medium fairly moist but not wet.

Anyway, contact me via PM if interested.

Here's the seed pods I have collected so far:

Old 07-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
WebSlave
Well, 216 views and no bites. Guess I need to see how they taste sprinkled on a burger.......

Old 05-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Mech
Hi Rich,
I didn’t see this earlier but we like to keep some of these in our gardens.
I am interested anytime you have some extras.
I am also into some of the jug style plants.
Thank you.
Andy.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech View Post
Hi Rich,
I didn’t see this earlier but we like to keep some of these in our gardens.
I am interested anytime you have some extras.
I am also into some of the jug style plants.
Thank you.
Andy.
Hey Andy,

The fly traps are flowering right now, so I might get some seeds this year. But we are in a very hot and dry period right now, so I'm hoping they don't get stressed out.

I do have some pitcher plants that produced flowers this year, but not sure if I will see seeds or not.

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
WebSlave
Actually harvesting seeds right now from the venus fly traps. Doesn't look like I am going to get a whole bunch of them this year, since the hot and dry weather that set in suddenly caught me unawares, and I didn't keep up on the watering of the mini-bogs as well as I should have. So the flowering wasn't as robust as it should have been.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:08 PM   #6
WebSlave
No seeds available this year. Looks like I had a LOT of them produced, but I didn't harvest any of them. WAY low on the priority list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!