Mozambique Spitting Cobras - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
SERPENTS DEN
Mozambique Spitting Cobras

Here was my pair of Mozambique Spitting Cobras that I kept in Neodesha Cages. Anyone keeping venomous reptiles in Neodesha Cages can face charges for housing such animals in "unsecure cages"

These photographs were snapped weeks before this: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...teve+Markevich

The cages are so clean you can barely notice the pictures were shot through glass!

Before fighting and arguing between ourselves we should be sticking together and fighting the people looking to take our freedoms and rights away!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
jclaire
what is actually considered a SECURE now. i live in Nc and they passed the new laws here but no one knows what they actually mean, i have contacted state wildlife and after about a month and a half they told me to talk to my local animal control officers, i did that today and they had no clue that laws had even been changed, so they gave me a number to another guy that works for the state. i have contacted the nc herp society and several others no one seem to know what the real deal is. i dont know what the laws are for where you are but do you know what a secure cage consist of, at least this would answer one question.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
SPJ
How the heck can someone claim that neodeshas are not secure?
I would consider neodeshas one of the MOST secure cages out there.
Once an animal is closed in the cage, there is no way to get out (no spaces, etc). The door on this neo model is one piece that slides the length and overlaps the ends. The track is built into the molded cage. Plus the slanted front gives you great visibility into the cage and there are no tight spaces or inside lips for hots to hide. There are also holes on each end of the sliding glass door that line up with the molded frame so you van add locks to the cage.
Out of all of the cages I have ever owned, I have found neodeshas to be the most secure cage out there.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
How the heck can someone claim that neodeshas are not secure?
I would consider neodeshas one of the MOST secure cages out there.
Once an animal is closed in the cage, there is no way to get out (no spaces, etc). The door on this neo model is one piece that slides the length and overlaps the ends. The track is built into the molded cage. Plus the slanted front gives you great visibility into the cage and there are no tight spaces or inside lips for hots to hide. There are also holes on each end of the sliding glass door that line up with the molded frame so you van add locks to the cage.
Out of all of the cages I have ever owned, I have found neodeshas to be the most secure cage out there.

How would someone feel if they were charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person for housing such animals in these cages?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
How would someone feel if they were charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person for housing such animals in these cages?
Sunset Monocled housed in Neodeshas

Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
I would be pissed.
There is no way that housing a hot in a neodesha could even remotely be considered a threat to someones safety. Most hot keepers prefer neos because of the features that make them secure.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
COBRAMAN
Neodesha cages are 100% acceptable in Florida.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
I like Neodeshas, but IMO, unless they have a hole drilled in the cage AND the glass, for some sort of "locking" device, or some other way of "locking" the glass in place, they are NOT a secure cage. Aurora was a master at escaping from her Neodesha. My Salmon Boa has escaped from it, as has My Colombian female MJ. Each time was because I trusted them, and didn't place the locking device on the cage.

Great cages, though I wish Ted had started making the large square units again now that they're back. I never did like the small slant faced ones too much, because of my choice of critters outgrowing them so fast.

Figured I'd add my 2¢ since I was directed to the thread.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
unless they have a hole drilled in the cage AND the glass, for some sort of "locking" device
Really? I didn't know some came without that feature.
Every one I have ever bought in the slant front design had the hole drilled thru the glass and into the frame. They came with the little pins that you could replace with locks.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Let me reiterate... unless the locking devices are being used. I've seen plenty that are not used. And not all models of Neodesha came with them back in the old days. My old four and six footer rectangular ones, I had to figure out a way to use a display case lock on them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!