I am... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #61
rcarichter
So much better than 20 years ago! We had a thing that looked like an open suitcase, lined with lights, and my son was supposed to spend all his time in there. It didn't bother him, but when you're hormonal and are told not to hold your newborn, it's tough on Mom.

Noelle

Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #62
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
So much better than 20 years ago! We had a thing that looked like an open suitcase, lined with lights, and my son was supposed to spend all his time in there. It didn't bother him, but when you're hormonal and are told not to hold your newborn, it's tough on Mom.

Noelle
NO KIDDING! They told me I can't hold him unless I'm breast feeding. Me no happy about that.

I noticed it's a little warm...He's enjoying that, and sleeping quite well...

I was notified by his Dr today after the delivery of the light band, that when we go in on Monday that he has to have another heel prick to make sure his bilirubin levels are going down... I have to go in and do that appointment by myself too...No Bueno!

I guess we will have to make an exception to the rule of "All the time" though. I have to pick my daughter up from Catholic school here at 3pm...So guess he'll have to be off the lights until we get home...It's only about a 5 minute jot to the school, but I guess total he'll be off the lights for about 30 minutes.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #63
Magic
I remember (a whole 4 yrs ago) when they wanted blood samples from my newborn son, they actually thought they were going to take him from me and go to the back lab/procedure room. The nurse said something about taking him back by himself as being the easiest and best thing.

I still, to this day, give myself props for allowing her to keep her face after that.

Biology lesson #1. Don't mess with a mama or her offspring.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #64
Mistyck
Well today we officially are able to take him off of the belly band. His levels have just now come down to an acceptable level. Thank goodness! It was almost to the point that he might have had to be admitted in the hospital... No Bueno!

We have had to change some things up with him as well. He is now on both formula and breast milk. He wasn't gaining weight with just breast milk, so I've had to supplement with formula as well... He's finally up to 6lbs 11oz! I'm ecstatic about this!

He is more alert and smiles almost all the time. Especially when I have music playing and sing to him... (though I think he needs to have his ears examined again...because I don't think I sing too well...Both him and my daughter love to hear me sing. Weirdos! )

I'm just happy that he's healthy once again! No more heel pricks...(He had about 10 in the 2 1/2 weeks he was born! ) We do go back to the Dr. in 10 days to make sure he's still gaining weight and progressing in the right direction. But everything is looking positive!

My boy sleeping in his crib, and then his "milk hit" face.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #65
Lucille
What an adorable cutie pie !!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #66
Mistyck
Thanks Lucille! He's getting bigger and bigger! Woohoo!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #67
JColt
Baby pics.... Gotta love em!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #68
joshjtd
Congrats Brandi!

Old 09-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #69
Mistyck
Thought I'd show off my boy!

He's almost 11lbs now! I go in for an official weigh in on the 8th...That's also the day he gets his 2mo shots...(much to my dismay...)

He ALMOST fits into 0-3mo clothes. LOL They have been swimming on him, and he's only been in newborn since he's been born, but looks like he's almost able to wear them now without it looking like we shrunk him. lol

I surprised him with the flash on my camera, and then he's laying with Daddy...
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #70
Lucille
What a handsome lad he is turning out to be!! He looks happy and comfy with Dad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!