Confused - Proper temps / diet - inconsistent stool - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
clinteatsgood
Confused - Proper temps / diet - inconsistent stool

Hello! trying to solve a bit of confusion over here.

Had my new dragon for just over two months now and the entire time he has had an amazing appetite, Eats a well rounded diet of dubia / BSFL / greens .
He has proper uvb (Arcadia 14%) and basking spots are 100 and 105-110 ( he has 2 options. At night he has a CHE running keeping the enclosure around 85.

Despite all this and him being a very active alert dragon, never showing any signs of stress - he still has consistently watery stool!

On a pretty regular BM schedule of every other day at this point however still 60-75% solid and the rest very loose!

any ideas?
Possible the entire enclosure air temp up? or maybe cooler at night?
Really coming here to brainstorm as I am running a mental blank myself as of the past week.

Please chime in If you have an ideas / recommendations!

thanks a bunch! me and Red appreciate it

Old 12-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
angie.h
Hi Ian, your husbandry sounds good, the only thing I'd change is to lower the night temps. to around 70. They benefit from a drop in temp. when they sleep.

Your description of the loose stool does not sound too far off from what it should be, they do expel some water with most bowel movements. And if you keep him on a solid flooring like tile the water looks even more obvious. If you want, post a picture here of the next b.m. If he actually does have diarrhea it's good to get a fecal test done by an experienced reptile vet.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
clinteatsgood
He has already been to a reptile specific vet and had a fecal done - completely clean. And I will try dropping the temperature at night to closer in the mid 70s instead of flat 80.

I was wondering If I may be keeping him a little too warm at night causing his system to always be working in digestion mode? or something of the sort.
Thanks for the reply - i'll be sure to update

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!