Anyone know a raccoon breeder? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
heebie.jeebies
Question Anyone know a raccoon breeder?

I'm looking for a raccoon breeder that has different color variations (i.e. albino, cinnamon, black, etc.). I came across a site a while back but now I can't find it and I don't remember the name.

It doesn't matter where they're located.

Thanks~!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
Payara
Hope you know what your getting yourself into...

I know Key Stone used to breed them. Very good breeders of a lot of exotic critters.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
heebie.jeebies
Thank you! I appreciate it. And I am well-aware of what I am getting myself into - I have one now and I've never had a pet with more personality and sass. She's the best pet I ever had. She respects me and listens and comes when I call her, and she respects my stuff - it took a lot of work but it was worth it. And she's litter trained! Extremely easy! Because she is litter trained, I let her have run of the house. She gets along with all the other animals and other people and never bites. Very well-natured and good-tempered. She climbs on the doors and windows whenever I go outside and cries until I come back in. She occasionally gets into things and makes messes, but I've learned to just keep everything out of reach - yes it is possible to keep things out of a raccoon's reach! She's rambunctious, but I love her.

Thanks again~!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Payara
Don't mention it. I have always heard the opposite. I guess it all depends on the person who's training the animal. I would love to see some pic of the lil guy. Just so you know I have never done business with these guys. While I was working at a zoo their name came up when we were looking for some new animals at our out reach program.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
LoveOfTheFox
I do not personally recommend these guys, but they do have those color phases of raccoon: http://www.tinytracksexoticanimals.com/Raccoon.html

But yeah, I actually think raccoon personality can very a lot from one to another. Your's sounds great though. But just be prepared if you get another one and it turns out a lot worse than the one you have currently... I'm sure a lot to do with it is the effort you put into her, so maybe your next one will turn out the same. But I know someone with I think 5 coons, and three are pretty great, one is OK (not really mean, but it's not friendly at all and just kind of stays out of the way...), but the last one apparently is just terrible - he loves her, but I guess she's the biggest brat, that's extremely clever, and really mean about it... She steals all his stuff (even when they're supposedly put out of reach- but then she destroys a bunch of things to get there), she won't bring it back, will snarl at you if you try to take it back and become vicious, and I think he originally had her litter train but now she pees everywhere? Amongst other things - just be prepared for the worst just in case.
..Is there any chance you could make a thread about your current raccoon? Because I'd love to see some pictures and hear (read) more about her. ^_^ (If not, that's cool too. hah.)

If I come across other breeders I'll let you know too- because I remember seeing other breeders as well...I think. Hah.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
taylor785
Did you find a breeder?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!