Revisiting the 2011 Holdbacks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Snakesitter
Revisiting the 2011 Holdbacks

Back in September 2011, Living Gems choose several holdbacks from its 2014B litter -- our only one of that year.

Three years later, it is time to revisit those four snakes to determine who stays.

This will be a two-step process.

For the males, we will decide relatively quickly, with the winner joining the LGR lineup as breeder stock, and the runner-up either being promoted to “show snake” or retired to a pet owner, there to live out his days in serpent luxury.

For the females, after taking input from our customers, both will be bred once to see who produces the better babies as a final decision factor. After taking all of the data into account, the winner will join the LGR lineup as breeder stock, and the runner-up either be promoted to “show snake” or retired to a pet owner.

On the male side, here were our holdbacks at six months’ old:

Everest

Kilimanjaro

On the female side, again at six months’ old:

Heliodor

Morganite

A whopping 39 months, 99 meals, and 1750 grams later, here is what those same holdbacks look like. For each animal, the first picture is at age two and a half, and the second one is at age three (looking at the shots now, it seems the camera settings were different between the two sets, so I’ve included both for comparison):

Everest

Kilimanjaro

Heliodor

Morganite

On the males I’m torn. For looks, the two are roughly equal; for personality, Everest is friendlier, but Kilimanjaro has a bit of an “attitude” that might make him an excellent breeder.

On the females, I think Morganite lived up to her potential better. Heliodor is a beautiful animal, and friendly to a fault…but seems to be a slightly less pretty adult. However, she was the more stunning baby, and when crossed with the right male may produce killer kids.

So…looking at the pictures and notes, what do our customers say?

Thank you, as always, for reading.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
cguarino30
Wow. Gorgeous color on these guys. The effort put into your program is very evident.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Snakesitter
Thank you, Chris! Any thoughts on which ones you like best?

Old 12-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
cguarino30
My picks are Kili and Morganite, but I don't have to most trained eyes for Brazilians. Just my layman's opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!