G'day everyone! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
Chanty79
G'day everyone!

Just wanted to say G'day rather than constantly lurking here without saying anything. I'm Andy, I'm 26 and live in Australia. I do not keep any venomous species at this stage but have always been facinated with them. Especially exotic venomous considering they cannot be kept here in Australia (only native herps period). I do come across the odd venomous herp in my travels though. I have had Pseudonaja textilis, Pseudechis australis & Oxyuranus scutellatus in my back yard at various stages (if that counts!).. Also have seen many Pseudechis porphyriacus & Acanthopis species in the wild. Anyway just wanted to say hi and I enjoy very much reading all your posts and perusing your wonderful venomous herp pictures.

Best Wishes,
Chanty79

Old 04-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
hhmoore
Welcome to Fauna, Andy!

Old 04-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Talking Chanty...

If I had to make a choice, Australia is where I would live! You have a fantastic variety of Hots, Pythons, and Lizards that make me jealous. Glad to have you on board and share some stories and pics with us.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #4
Chanty79
I guess this may not be of interest to you all but I do keep some herps which include:

Pogona Vitticeps - Central Bearded Dragons
Hypsilurus Spinipes - Southern Angle-Headed Dragons
Ctenophorus Nuchalis - Central Netted Dragons
Varanus Storri Ochreatus - Storr's Monitors
Strophurus Williamsi - Eastern Spiny-Tailed Geckos (certainly NOT snake food!) LOL
Underwoodisaurus Milii - Barking Gecko
Chlamydosaurus Kingii - Frill-Neck Lizard
Morelia Bredli - Bredl's Python/Centralian Carpet Python

Cheers,
Andrew

Old 04-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
Skunky
Bredls python...hmmm, very nice python that!!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Vinny D
Hey CHANTY79, well we are glad to have you here at fauna. I wish i lived in OZ, hopefully someday i will get to go their. Take care.

Vinny D

Old 05-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Rattlesnake
Welcome Andy, I also am jealous of the great place you live in. I have always wanted to go to Australia and wander around and just see how many herps one can observe in a single day. Man, that would be paradise. We have a lot here in the US, and in the state of Colorado where I live;, but nothing that compares with the great variety you have in Australia. I am looking forward to hearing some stories from your part of the world.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
Vinny D
Same here Andy, we want stories lol. Here is PA, their is not much to do when it comes to herping except for a few pit-vipers and colubrids as far as snakes.

Vinny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!