Jeff Cardenas of Planet Reptiles **BAD GUY** Rip Off! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Robust_Beardies
Thumbs down Jeff Cardenas of Planet Reptiles **BAD GUY** Rip Off!

We paid for a baby hypo translucent bearded dragon from Jeff Cardenas at Planet Reptiles in Norco, CA. through Kingsnake for $350 and received nothing but a hypo with a bad attitude.

We saw Jeff's ad and decided to call him and to find out some additional information. After speaking with him on the phone he confirmed it had the two traits we were looking for; black eyes and clear nails. When we received it, it turned out to be a hypo that does not have black eyes and is not trans what so ever. We sent Jeff emails and spoke with him on the phone about this and he insisted it was not a mix up and we received the correct animal. We sent him pictures of the dragon he sent to us along with pictures of one of our trans dragons eyes to show him what we received compared to what it should look like.

This transaction has been nothing but a disappointment and he has been avoiding us since we last spoke with him the day we received the dragon and told him of our concerns. We do not want this animal seeing as it was misrepresented and we paid for a trait that this dragon clearly doesn't have. It is also the meanest dragon we have ever dealt with and not handle able because it runs and bites.

So now we have been ripped off for $350. He is not responding to emails. When we call Planet Reptiles and ask to speak with Jeff, whoever answers the phone always says he’s not in right now and you can leave a message for him. He is not getting back to us after leaving multiple messages that include our phone number every time. It's been over a week and still no contact has been made to resolve this. Seeing how he misrepresented this animal and told us it has visible traits it clearly does not have. We would like to see this get resolved by him paying for the shipping back to him and a full refund of our $350. It is very poor business to try and pass off an animal as something it is not and then handle things the way he has so far.

The dragon on the left is OUR translucent. The dragon on the right is the one we received from Jeff.

So anyone thinking of doing business with Jeff or Planet Reptiles, take your money someplace else and actually get what you pay for the first time around....what a mess.
Richard Siegel & Lacey Gugula

Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Robust_Beardies
Angry Update

Jeff has emailed me after this thread was made and has made comments of "THE BEARDED HAS BLACK EYES THAT I SENT YOU" and "SAY WHAT YOU WANT IT IS YOUR WORD AGAINST THE BREEDERS. CALL GINO AND WRITE FORUMS ABOUT HIS DRAGONS." Jeff is insisting that he sold us a hypo trans bearded dragon and that we should talk to the original breeder about the true genes of the dragon. But we did not buy this dragon from the original breeder; we bought this dragon from Jeff at Planet Reptiles. There is no "Gino" in our transaction. Jeff keeps telling us "HE MISREPRESENTED HIS DRAGON THAT WAS HIS BAD NOT MINE" but the plain fact is that we bought this animal from Jeff and it seams as if he is just trying to push the blame onto someone else.

Since the day we received the dragon and voiced our concerns about it’s genetics over the phone to Jeff, he has been telling us that he needs to find out the dragon’s true bloodline. First he said he would have it the next day but we never received a call or email from him. Then he said he would have it on Saturday and still no phone call or email.

If Jeff knew how to do business properly, he would know that if an issue like this came up, that it would take priority. It’s been over a week now. Nothing has been resolved and he has made no effort to resolve this matter.

We were hoping by bringing this to the attention of the public it would warn others of his shady business practices and maybe he would fix this problem.

Richard Siegel and Lacey Gugula

Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
MikeCurtin
It may be helpful to post any and all e-mails regarding this transaction

Old 04-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
Robust_Beardies
Emails to and from Jeff

Here are the emails to and from Jeff as requested.

To: Drag0n22@bellsouth.net
Subject: Message about: TANSLUCENT ,CLEAR NAILED, WITH TANGERINE SCREAM COLOR TO GO WITH IT
Date: Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:22:04 PM [View Source]

Below is a copy of the message you sent to PLANET REPTILES

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you
feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to
classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive
legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hi Jeff!

We just got off the phone with you after paying for the "TANSLUCENT ,CLEAR NAILED, WITH TANGERINE SCREAM COLOR TO GO WITH IT ". Here is our shipping address:

Richard Siegel
***** ** **** Court
****** City, FL *****

Could you please send us a tracking number once the dragon ships out on Monday?

Thanks,
Rich and Lacey
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Drag0n22@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Message about: TANSLUCENT ,CLEAR NAILED, WITH TANGERINE SCREAM COLOR TO GO WITH IT
Date: Friday, March 21, 2008 5:26:24 AM

HELLO
THANKS FOR YOUR ORDER.
I WILL SHIP THE BEARDED OUT MONDAY
YOU WILL BE HAPPY
ONE TRANSLUCENT BEARDED DRAGON
$350.00 SHIPPED FOR 3/24/08 FOR 3/25/08
THANKS AGAIN
JEFF
PLANET REPTILES
951-737-8111

To: Jeff Cardenas <planetreptiles@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Message about: TANSLUCENT ,CLEAR NAILED, WITH TANGERINE SCREAM COLOR TO GO WITH IT
Date: Monday, March 24, 2008 2:31:24 PM

Hi Jeff,
I just wanted to check up with you and see if you shipped out the dragon for tomorrows delivery? Can we get a tracking number? Shipped UPS right?
Thanks again,
Rich and Lacey

To: drag0n22@bellsouth.net
Date: Monday, March 24, 2008 5:22:50 PM

HELLO
YES THE DRAGON WILL BE SHIPPED OUT TODAY
I WILL SEND THE TRACKING NUMBER TONIGHT WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK
THANKS AGAIN
JEFF
PLANET REPTILES

Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:36:27 AM

Jeff,
We just received the dragon this morning and I have to tell you I'm extremely disappointed. This dragon is NOT trans, the eyes are NORMAL and it's not SHOWING any trans. What made you think this dragon was translucent? I think we need to either work out a price difference or a full refund. You told us on the phone the eyes are BLACK, unless we got the wrong animal; this is just a plain dragon!
Please get back to us asap,
Rich and Lacey
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:39:36 AM

HELLO
I WAS TOLD YOU RECIEVED MY MESSAGE .
YOUR EMAIL IS A LITTLE RUDE
I WILL HAVE THE INFO TOMORROW WHEN I TALK TO DANIEL
YOU ASKED IF THE BEARDED HAD BLACK EYES
THAT ONE I SENT YOU DOES HAVE BLACK EYES
I SENT YOU MULTIPLE PICTURES
CALLING THAT DRAGON NORMAL OR A PLAIN DRAGON IS VERY INSULTING
IF THE EYE ISSUE WAS A MAJOR ISSUE YOU COULD HAVE ASKED AND WAITED FOR AN EYE PICTURE.
THIS BEARDED LOOKS THE SAME OR NICER THEN MOST LISTED AT THE MOMENT
WITH THE SAME TITLE
SHIPPING COST ME $73.00
PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET ME GET THE PAPER WORK
THANKS
JEFF
PLANET REPTILES

Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:10:18 AM [View Source]

Jeff,
Yes, we received a message about where the dragon came from. That is not the problem. The problem we are having is that we paid for a Trans and wasn't sent one. We paid higher dollar for a physically visible morph/trait and then it showed up without that trait. That is insulting. That makes me feel like I got ripped off and I'm a sucker. The price difference between a trans and a hypo is over 200 dollars. Yes, the eyes are an issue! On the phone we asked "does it have solid black eyes?" and you said yes. We were trusting your word in that what you were telling us was the truth. We did not receive any pictures from you. The only ones we saw were the ones posted on Kingsanke. You told me that you were having difficulties with your camera and was unable to take clear pictures on the back of the animal. How is it going to take clear pictures of an eye? Here are photos of the animal you sent us and one of our own Trans. to illustrate the difference between normal eyes and the black eyes that translucent dragons show.

Rich and Lacey

From: drag0n22@bellsouth.net To: Jeff Cardenas <planetreptiles@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:50:39 PM

Jeff,
We have been trying to reach you the past few days and you never call us back, so Im trying an email yet again. Since this dragon is not what we paid for and has been misrepresented by you, we would like this whole transaction to be reversed. Please send us a paid shipping label so we can send this animal back to you and refund us our full amount of $350 back to the credit card. Please get back to us this needs to be resolved immediately.
Rich and Lacey

Date: Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:59:13 AM

HELLO
I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH OUR BABY ON THE WAY
I HAVE THREE OTHER CHILDREN TO CARE FOR BY MYSELF RIGHT NOW
SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG BUT PLEASE TRY AND UNDERSTAND
I AM NOT AVOIDING YOU OR TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF
I CAN NOT CALL YOU AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF THE TIME DIFFERENCE
I SENT YOU PICS BEFORE YOU PAID AND DID NOT SEND YOU ANYTHING BUT WHAT YOU DECIDED TO BUY
MY WORKERS DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING AND HAVE NO POWER TO HELP YOU SO BEING SHORT WITH THEM IS UNNEEDED
BOTH HAVE SAID YOU HAVE BOTH BEEN SHORT
YOUR EMAILS AND CALLS DO NOT HELP
DANIEL HAS BEEN BUSY AND NEEDED TO FIND THE RECEIPT
I GAVE YOU THE BREEDERS NAME AND COMPANY NAME
I AM HIDING NOTHING AND DO NOT RIP OFF MY CUSTOMERS
I WILL GET THE FACTS AND GO FROM THERE
DANIEL IS GIVING ME ALL THE BLOODLINE INFO ON SATURDAY
OTHER TRANS ARE POSTED WITHOUT SOLID BLACK EYES
AMAZON REPTILES HAS A FEMALE POSTED AND DOES NOT HAVE SOLID BLACK EYES,NO COLOR LIKE YOURS AND IS THE SAME PRICE AS THE ONE YOU PAID FOR
IF THEIR IS A PROBLEM WE WILL DISCUSS IT THEN
I AM SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
I WILL CALL YOU SATURDAY WITH THE INFO
THANKS
JEFF
PLANET REPTILES
drag0n22@bellsouth.net wrote:
Jeff,
We have tried many times to have this matter straightened out. Please send us a paid shipping label to
Richard Siegel
***** SW **** Court
****** City, FL *****
so we can send this misrepresented dragon back to you for a full refund of $350 to my credit card. You have given us the run around about needing to find out a bloodline for this animal for a week now and never got back to us when you said you would. Fact is we paid for a dragon that was suppose to have a visible trait. The dragon you sent us does NOT show this trait. Please also be advised there is a post about this transaction on the Board Of Inquiry at www.FaunaClassifieds.com now.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...988#post585988
Rich and Lacey
Date: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:53:35 PM

HELLO
YOU PAID FOR THE DRAGON I SENT YOU PICS OF
I GAVE YOU THE NAME AND BREEDER INFO RIGHT UP FRONT
THE BEARDED HAS BLACK EYES THAT I SENT YOU
YOU GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR
THREATEN ME ALL YOU WANT
YOU COULD HAVE SPECIFIED "SOLID BLACK " EYES OR OFFERED A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU WANTED
I NEVER ADVERTISED HIM AS HAVING SOLID BLACK EYES IN THE ADD YOU ORDERED HIM FROM
SO WHY YOU KEEP SAYING I MISREPRESENTED HIM IS CRAZY TO ME
THE EXACT WORDS I USED ARE ON THE SUBJECT BOX FOR THIS EMAIL
OTHER TRANSLUCENT DRAGONS SHOW THE SAME EYES IN OTHER ADDS POSTED
YOU HAVE MADE THE EYE THING INTO YOUR WAY OUT OF YOUR RUSHED PURCHASE
YOU RECIEVED ONE TRANSLUCENT BEARDED DRAGON
I NEVER MISREPRESENTD ANYTHING TO YOU
YOU HAD PICS AND COULD HAVE WAITED FOR MORE
YOU MADE THE CAMERA EXCUSES ALREADY
SAY WHAT YOU WANT IT IS YOUR WORD AGAINST THE BREEDERS.
CALL GINO AND WRITE FORUMS ABOUT HIS DRAGONS
IF HE MISREPRESENTED HIS DRAGON THAT WAS HIS BAD NOT MINE
IN THAT CASE I GOT SCREWED ALSO
YOU ARE MY FIRST COMPLAINT IN ALMOST 3 YEARS SO I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY
THANKS
PLANET REPTILES

We have spoken with Jeff twice on the phone. The first time was when we paid for the dragon (March 20, 2008) and the second time was the same day we received the dragon (March 25, 2008) and told him our problem of what we received. Other than that, any other time we have called Planet Reptiles to speak with Jeff, he has been "unavailable".

We have tried to handle this matter as professionally as possible.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
MikeCurtin
I think you should notify Jeff of this thread if you haven't already. He should understand that there's a reason you didn't buy the other dragons, but rather his....may have had something to do with his claim of solid black eyes.

I think the way he's been handling this is poor as well. While it's unrealistic to send out animals and take them back every time someone is dispointed in an animal, he should work out something to satisfy this buyer who obviously did not get what he was paying for.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
Robust_Beardies
Yes, Jeff was informed of this thread when it first started. He responded by telling us to "CALL GINO AND WRITE FORUMS ABOUT HIS DRAGONS" even though "Gino" was not a part of this transaction.

It would be unrealistic in some cases to ask for a transaction to be reversed if we were just disappointed with what we ordered. But the fact is, he sold us a hypo trans animal at hypo trans price and only sent us a hypo. The translucent trait/gene is what makes the price higher and we were willing to pay that higher price expecting to get what we paid for. Even if one of the parents was trans, it would still only make this animal a HET at most and that's still not what we paid for. He's not even willing to work with us.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Where are the images he sent you in your Email?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Robust_Beardies
The only 2 pics we saw of this dragon were on kingsnake and extremely blurry and from a far. We called him and asked questions and requested more pictures but he gave excuses about his camera. So there were no pictures sent to us. We made the purchase based on his word over the phone after asking if the dragon had black eyes, which he replied with, yes. He keeps claiming he sent us pictures but we never received any.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robust_Beardies
The only 2 pics we saw of this dragon were on kingsnake and extremely blurry and from a far. We called him and asked questions and requested more pictures but he gave excuses about his camera. So there were no pictures sent to us. We made the purchase based on his word over the phone after asking if the dragon had black eyes, which he replied with, yes. He keeps claiming he sent us pictures but we never received any.

Can you post those photos if you did in fact save them?, or is it possible to email him and ask him to post those photos, or re send them to you?

The more proof the better.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Robust_Beardies
We do not have permission from Jeff to post his pictures on here. We have been unsuccessful at reaching him by phone and he is no longer responding to our emails.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!