Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #41
Firsttrading
WHERE ARE YOU JASON?

WHERE ARE YOU JASON? THIS IS MY ONLY QUESTION WITHOUT ANY DETAILS
IF STILL SILENCE WITH NO REPLY I WILL POST ALL THE DETAILS

THANK YOU!

firsttrading@aol.com

Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #42
AF Exotics
Try over at www.Arachnoboards.com.He frequents that site from time to time so he can sell stolen merchandise from me,and now it looks like from you too.Sorry to hear you were taken by Jason's con man routine.He does come off as a nice guy,and I understand why a friend we have in common would've ever vouched for him,or else I would've never dealt with him.Good luck in tracking him down. Marcus.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #43
John E Dove
Could someone tell me if the vendors on AB have the ability to remove any negative comments that are made to their ratings there?
I looked at a couple of peoples rating there who I expected to see some negatives but found nothing but good.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #44
AF Exotics
Read back in this thread and you see discussion between John Apple and myself about that very same topic.No real good answer for you sorry to say.It is a very good question.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #45
Firsttrading
THANKS Marcus,
I NEVER expect from Jason to do that with me as we was Very close friends but he put me in very CRITICAL situation.
PLS send me your mail for more discussion with you.
my personal mail is firsttrading@aol.com
Sincerely,
Essam

Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #46
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q
Read back in this thread and you see discussion between John Apple and myself about that very same topic.No real good answer for you sorry to say.It is a very good question.
there are a few folks that have had negative reviews removed...many come to mind...Supporters of the site...well maybe

Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #47
Mister Internet
I get really fricking tired of reading this crap. AB is fine as long as you're making money on it, but when business gets slow or people get bored, it's the most scammer-friendly haven on the web.

Nothing to say about the two threads we deleted that were started by third parties in Jason's FAVOR? No? Didn't think so, that wouldn't prop up the scammer's haven image very well now would it.

One last time... since people seem utterly incapable of understanding this: WE. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. PROVIDE. A. BOI. Full stop. We have a *very* low-key inquiries/review forum. The second it degenerates into the back and forth sniping, jackhammer posting to rile/revive/escalate a thread (incidentally, marcus, that's the reason you were warned for your post), or any other escalation that goes outside the very specific guildelines we set out for the forum, and in keeping with the attitude and atmosphere we desire to provide at AB, we DO start deleting and editing to make that happen... and it becomes irrelevant at that point WHO is right or wrong... the atmostphere at AB is paramount, as it is an information forum. Fauna, god bless it, is not primarily an informational forum and as such this atmosphere is expected, anticipated, even required at times.

We really, REALLY do not want to give the impression that we are ok with people feeling "entitled" to air their business with both guns blazing as if it was the BOI.

WE. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. PROVIDE. A. BOI. I really hope this is crystal clear now for anyone who is still confused. Marcus, it is clear to everyone that you are owed... this has never been in question. But you must use the BOI for what it is, and use AB for what it is, that is all we have ever asked. If we are to remain a credible informational forum, we have to avoid any path of actions that takes us towards managing a BOI-like forum. The BOI exists, and is the best thing in the hobbyist community on the entire Internet for outing/arguing/reconciliation.

We DO have a blacklist of people we refuse to allow to sell at AB. With not much more effort Jason will be on it... but that's our business and our decision and not really up for discussion.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #48
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
We have a *very* low-key inquiries/review forum. The second it degenerates into the back and forth sniping, jackhammer posting to rile/revive/escalate a thread or any other escalation that goes outside the very specific guildelines we set out for the forum, and in keeping with the attitude and atmosphere we desire to provide at AB, we DO start deleting and editing to make that happen.
Well since we have someone who can speak officially for AB, perhaps you can address my question.
I have noted that a number of the sellers there have "My Reviews Here", "Check out my reviews here" etc in their sales threads. Thus far I have never read a negative comment in any of those threads though I have seen negatives about some of those dealer posted on other sites by people who are also AB members.

My question is: Do the dealers on AB have the ability to remove, or have removed negative posts, from their individual reviews?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #49
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
I get really fricking tired of reading this crap. AB is fine as long as you're making money on it, but when business gets slow or people get bored, it's the most scammer-friendly haven on the web.

Nothing to say about the two threads we deleted that were started by third parties in Jason's FAVOR? No? Didn't think so, that wouldn't prop up the scammer's haven image very well now would it.

One last time... since people seem utterly incapable of understanding this: WE. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. PROVIDE. A. BOI. Full stop. We have a *very* low-key inquiries/review forum. The second it degenerates into the back and forth sniping, jackhammer posting to rile/revive/escalate a thread (incidentally, marcus, that's the reason you were warned for your post), or any other escalation that goes outside the very specific guildelines we set out for the forum, and in keeping with the attitude and atmosphere we desire to provide at AB, we DO start deleting and editing to make that happen... and it becomes irrelevant at that point WHO is right or wrong... the atmostphere at AB is paramount, as it is an information forum. Fauna, god bless it, is not primarily an informational forum and as such this atmosphere is expected, anticipated, even required at times.

We really, REALLY do not want to give the impression that we are ok with people feeling "entitled" to air their business with both guns blazing as if it was the BOI.

WE. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. PROVIDE. A. BOI. I really hope this is crystal clear now for anyone who is still confused. Marcus, it is clear to everyone that you are owed... this has never been in question. But you must use the BOI for what it is, and use AB for what it is, that is all we have ever asked. If we are to remain a credible informational forum, we have to avoid any path of actions that takes us towards managing a BOI-like forum. The BOI exists, and is the best thing in the hobbyist community on the entire Internet for outing/arguing/reconciliation.

We DO have a blacklist of people we refuse to allow to sell at AB. With not much more effort Jason will be on it... but that's our business and our decision and not really up for discussion.
hey way to contribute here...the dealer reviews on arach is somewhat a BOI when you get down to it, just broken down a bit more into catagories.
I gotta wonder why the Gearheart-Nunn thread is not there but is elsewhere.
Character references speak volumes in who ya deal with.
And if your tired of reading this 'crap' then act on it

Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #50
AF Exotics
Tom,I am only questioning how some things are there on the site,then removed.I have no other problem,other than Jason.Apple and I clearly saw something on him that was negative,then it was gone.I don't know where or how it was removed,and am not sure of the process.When Jason put up a bunch of crazy posts directed at me,they also were removed.I was given an infraction for just replying,and I didn't get gutter with him.Just told the truth,yet I get a warning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!